• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Wheel question for 70 Mach I

  • Thread starter Thread starter automart
  • Start date Start date Jan 7, 2008

automart

Member
Jan 26, 2006
104
0
16
Nashville, TN
Jan 7, 2008
#1
  • Jan 7, 2008
  • #1
I haven't been here in awhile as I finished my car. I have a 70 mach I with the 14" magnum factory wheels. I just don't think they fill in the wheel wells too well. I have found some bullitt wheels and tires, size 17 X 9 with Yoko ES tires. What kind of problems am I looking at as far as clearence. I assume the bolt pattern is still the same.

Thanks in advance!
 
G

Grabber70Mach

Member
Jul 6, 2003
305
0
17
Indian Head, MD
Jan 8, 2008
#2
  • Jan 8, 2008
  • #2
17x9's will fit on the rears depending on the backspacing, but as far as I know you will not be able to fit a 17x9 on the front. Check out this tread http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=726049
 

automart

Member
Jan 26, 2006
104
0
16
Nashville, TN
Jan 8, 2008
#3
  • Jan 8, 2008
  • #3
GREAT LOOKING CAR.

wHAT SIZE TO YOU HAVE ON THE FRONT? THAT'S THE STYLE THAT I would like to replace my 14" magnums with.

Thanks,

Ronnie
 
G

Grabber70Mach

Member
Jul 6, 2003
305
0
17
Indian Head, MD
Jan 9, 2008
#4
  • Jan 9, 2008
  • #4
The fronts are 17x8's with 245/45/17's. I am using a 1" spacer.
 

automart

Member
Jan 26, 2006
104
0
16
Nashville, TN
Jan 9, 2008
#5
  • Jan 9, 2008
  • #5
Thanks, I'll find some wheels that will fit.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
409
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
6
New Member 1969 Mach 1
  • 69Resto
  • Sep 19, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
208
The Welcome Wagon Sep 19, 2025
69Resto
6
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
361
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Wheels-Tires LS mii swap and rear rim size/axle questions....
  • 78mIIman
  • Feb 2, 2025
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
6
Views
828
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech May 6, 2025
78 Mach1
A
2001 Mustang GT, scorched metal smell and noise from trans/diff?
  • AndyE2255
  • Dec 1, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
531
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Dec 28, 2025
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?