Where can I get the Jerry-Mod done?

Mike98GT

Feb 21, 2004
Temecula, CA
I want to do the Jerry-Mod for my auto trans real soon, but I don't have a place to do it myself. Do you guys know of a very good shop in the So Cal area that can do the J-mod? I want someone that knows what they are doing. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Do it yourself Auto Trans shift Kit. It is the best. 1-2 shifts at WOT 12 ft of rubber on my low H.P. 97GT.

It is by an engineer who helped in the design of our trans. Go to www.tccoa.com. and click on the tech section and go to Transmissions 101. The A-Train has a Jerry MOd install guide too. If you can change brakes and are not afraid to get grease on you you can do this.

Arnolds97 said:
Do it yourself Auto Trans shift Kit. It is the best. 1-2 shifts at WOT 12 ft of rubber on my low H.P. 97GT.

It is by an engineer who helped in the design of our trans. Go to www.tccoa.com. and click on the tech section and go to Transmissions 101. The A-Train has a Jerry MOd install guide too. If you can change brakes and are not afraid to get grease on you you can do this.

god i get so confused lol, does it work on 02's ?lol thx ! and what exactly does it do?
and if not does anyone know where to buy the TransGO shift kit?

The Jerry Mod is name after Jerry (Sorry dont know the spelling even close) Wabowski. He was an engineer at Ford and did a lot of the design of the new transmissions. He now works with Superchips, and actually tuned my car. It can be done on any 4rw70 tranny. Its basically free except for a few small parts. There is a lot of variations you can do to get what you want out of it. I had it done to my car and It helped a lot.

I did it on my car but since it was an 02 most of the springs, and i forget what the other things are called, were already in accordence with the mod. All I did was enlarged the wholes that needed to be enlarged and put in new gaskets. Some people on the forums told me not to remove the spring so I did not. You should feel a big difference since you will be changing more things on the older tranny. I had a hard time finding the drill bits.