where do those RED/GREEN/WHITE wires connect too?

FordStang

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2002
Orange Park, FL
well im almost done putting everything back together and that little harness of four wires that comes out of the passenger side fender, Just wondering where does that? Where do each of those wires connect too? I removed my EGR So im just wondering if i need those or not i think maybe there Vaccume Lines or something if someone can take a pic or something id appreicate it.

• Sponsors (?)

FordStang said:
well im almost done putting everything back together and that little harness of four wires that comes out of the passenger side fender, Just wondering where does that? Where do each of those wires connect too? I removed my EGR So im just wondering if i need those or not i think maybe there Vaccume Lines or something if someone can take a pic or something id appreicate it.

They are vacuum hoses. They go to the EGR, and the vacuum tee. Check out Stang net FAQ and you can see the routing pictures.

Green goes to the EGR, red goes to the intake, white(tan?) goes to the smog pump.

If you have your smog pump and EGR removed, you do not need to have thoes lines hooked up. Just plug them and stick them in your fenderwell.

I think the white and tan are both for the smog equipment... Its been awhile since I've had my smog pump on so I cant remember. I'm just running the red and green lines for my EGR.

Sorry for the late response... I had to go to work.

Do you still have your smog pump on your car? If you do I THINK you might need to have the red line hooked up. The red line connects to a sylonid(sp?) in the inner fender which contorls the vaccume to the EGR valve (green line) and quite possibly would control the vaccume to the other 2 lines. I'm not 100% sure on this, but it makes since I guess :D

If you can get to the fitting under for the red vac line easily, then plug it and drive the car around and see if anything happens. But if you have your smog and egr both gone, you dont need any of thoes vaccume lines.

the plunger is inside the egr positiononing valve bolted to the egr valve, red goes to it, green goes to the egr valve, white goes to the smog pump, tan goes to the purge valve (small tube with large vacuum one going to canister the other going to the underside of the upper intake)

So just let that Vent for the tank hang in the inner fender or Extend it so it is level with the Control arm or so it just so it reaches the outside Pointing down....Sorta like how a dirtbike ot ATV has that rubber hose hanging pointing down