Where does the main vacuum line go to?

CManT1914

Feb 5, 2004
Killeen, Texas
My main vacuum line for my A/C goes from my evaporator on the firewall to the engine somewhere. But it broke off halfway there, and the rest of the hose is gone. The only part that remains is a piece about a foot long coming from the firewall. Can anybody tell me where it goes to on the engine? I can't seem to find where it connects to at. Below are the pictures again.

• Sponsors (?)

Look over on the vacuum tree. Its on the drivers side firewall right above the BAP sensor and to the left of the brake booster. There is a port marked A/C there. I think that is where it goes if it is like my 88. Not hard to check anyway. Hope that works, sucks to not have ac.

CManT1914 said:
Wow, that only took 6 days for somebody to respond. Thanks guys, but I just fixed it yesterday. I finally have A/C again!

So it went to the a/c port on the drivers side...if this is the same one your talking about...I had the exact same problem as you...there was a little hose coming from above the a/c evaperator (along with two other hoses)...and that little hose went across the firewall to the driver side and slid into the big hose on the a/c port...and I finally had a/c...I must have knocked it loose during the h/c/i swap...

5spd GT said:
So it went to the a/c port on the drivers side...if this is the same one your talking about...I had the exact same problem as you...there was a little hose coming from above the a/c evaperator (along with two other hoses)...and that little hose went across the firewall to the driver side and slid into the big hose on the a/c port...and I finally had a/c...I must have knocked it loose during the h/c/i swap...

I remember in my original thread you said you had the same problem. You got yours fixed now too I see. My hose was broke right near the throttle body, where that little nozzle is. I accidentally broke the nozzle completely off, and had to get some new hose to lengthen it. Then I just spliced it together using some couplings from Advanced Auto Parts, and as you said, FINALLY A/C AGAIN!!!