Where does this vacuum hose go?

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
I have no idea what it is...and it leaves black stuff on my hand if you touch it. It just goes behind the firewall and dissapears...only thing close looks like a vent tube to the fuel tank. :shrug: im thinking maybe its the source of my miss...so I want to know what it does. THANKS!

101_0260.jpg

101_0258.jpg

101_0261.jpg

And here is my new wide band A/F controler W/ Sensor setup. Cost me $245 shipped from Australia :nice: (- currency exchange..$7)

101_0262.jpg

Hooked into my Aeroforcetech gauge. (I ordered the wide band kit wiithout a display....saved me money. All other kits I found made me buy their gauge too, which I didnt need or want.)

(car is not running...sensor reads 9-19 A.F...0-5V)
101_0266.jpg

If you guys want to learn about wideband controlers and sensors and ALL the ins and outs of how everything works, check out their site. I learned ALOT about how their products work and how wide band sensors work in general

http://wbo2.com/home/default.htm
I bought the 2J1 :nice: .

Attachments

• 101_0260.jpg
    101_0260.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 101_0258.jpg
    101_0258.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 101_0261.jpg
    101_0261.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 101_0262.jpg
    101_0262.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 101_0266.jpg
    101_0266.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Sponsors (?)

www.aeroforcetech.com is who makes the gauge. they have a list of vendors on the site. I went with promodularperformance.com because they originally told me about the gauge at a local car meet. You have to call them though as its not listed online....GREAT guys to deal with. That gauge accepts 2 analog inputs, so im throwing a second wideband into the pass side pipe :D They accendentally sent me two widebands, and gave me half off for the second LOL.

Anyone know what this line does and if I can block it off or something? My car acts like it has a vacuum leak...so that may be the problem.

Looks like a EECS hose - you are talking about the one piped into the back of the plenum, right? I beieve it stands for 'Evaporative Emissions Control System'. It feeds into a charcoal canister.

Hmmm, I love that display, but the WB itself...the site lists AU$ - are they here in the US? And did you pay this listed price: $383 AUD (or about $339 USD)? Damn, that ain't cheap...did you look at Innovate Motorsports? You can get their WB without a gauge for $199 (the LC-1).
I bought the the G2 kit, which comes with the LC-1 and their new 'classic' style gauge that'll match the rest of my gauges (white/silver during the day, black at night) for $289.
G2_day&night_600_web.jpg

Attachments

• G2_day&night_600_web.jpg
    G2_day&night_600_web.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 60
Looks like a EECS hose - you are talking about the one piped into the back of the plenum, right? I beieve it stands for 'Evaporative Emissions Control System'. It feeds into a charcoal canister.

Thanks! Charcoal canister huh? I wonder if I can unplug it? I have my SCT pro racer software on the way, and my Xcal2 tuner will be here today....maybe I can turn that crap off in the tune :D

I looked at their site before, but didnt notice that option LOL. But im still not sure if it would have worked with my particular gauge. With the 2J1 I knew exactly how everything worked before I bought it and they even gave me the slope and intercept values to inter into my gauge so it would know what 0V is and what 5V is....all right there on their page.
I do like the innovatives sensor better though...it measures 7-22 A/F...although I dont think ill be tuning anywhere near the 9-19 range I have now LOL.
And no they are in australia and the unit costs comes out to $224 USD. But I think all the info they gave me, the FOR sure that it will work with my gauge factor, and the fact that you can datalog the A/F vs RPM with free downloadable software and RPM input wire (if you want...I didnt hook the tach wire up) is worth it. Only thing is mine didnt come with the bung...so I stole one off my old X pipe :D

It's not really a charcoal canister. Pull off the passenger side inner fender shield and you will see a EVAP module bolted to the RH inner frame rail. It is black plastic with an electrical plug and two EVAP lines.

Im going to just unplug it and leave it open and block her off the vacuum port then :D Screw emissions :shrug:

Well actually I just checked into this and yes it does lead to the gas tank. That canister traps gas fumes and the engine burns them. They said its operated off of vacuum. BINGO it jacked the system up when I installed the cams...motor has lower vacuum at idle now. Ill try it...gas fumes escape everytime I gas the car up anyways. :D

Im going to just unplug it and leave it open and block her off the vacuum port then :D Screw emissions :shrug:

Well actually I just checked into this and yes it does lead to the gas tank. That canister traps gas fumes and the engine burns them. They said its operated off of vacuum. BINGO it jacked the system up when I installed the cams...motor has lower vacuum at idle now. Ill try it...gas fumes escape everytime I gas the car up anyways. :D

If you are getting ride of emmisions, then get rid of the huge canister behind the left rear wheel. It is pretty big and it has lines to it from the gas tank, and from the front of the car.