where in the **** is the turn signal relay?

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
ok after putting my dash back in my turn signals arent working. i knew they were slow before i pulled the dash and i planning on replacing the flasher... i just cant find the sumbitch. i know the one on the back of the fuse box is for the hazzards. from what i can find with google you drop the glove box and its right to the left. im not seeing **** but a big ass hole there now. ive pulled my radio plate down and looked up there from that way and dont see ****! is it behind the heater controls? im seriously about to pull the dash out again

• Sponsors (?)

IIRC, it's up and behind the passenger side dash panel. If you were sitting in the passenger seat with the dash removed, it would be staring you in the face. Mine is an 86 but I imagine that the component would be in the same place? :shrug:

On the 86 it's right behind that flat plastic panel.

What a PITA it is to track tat sucker down, huh? :D

On my '90, it was up behind the center of the dash....somewhere behind the HVAC controls (above the radio plate). I'm pretty sure I accesed it by dropping the glove box (squeeze the small tabs on either side with the door open and it'll flop down) and reaching my hand in up to the left. You can hear it clicking on and off once you get you head up in there. Real easy to grab though.

If you're really screwed, let us know and I'll run out and see if I can take a video with my iphone.

What a PITA it is to track tat sucker down, huh? :D

On my '90, it was up behind the center of the dash....somewhere behind the HVAC controls (above the radio plate). I'm pretty sure I accesed it by dropping the glove box (squeeze the small tabs on either side with the door open and it'll flop down) and reaching my hand in up to the left. You can hear it clicking on and off once you get you head up in there. Real easy to grab though.

If you're really screwed, let us know and I'll run out and see if I can take a video with my iphone.

if you can grab a picture that would be great! i had the glove box down last night and i still couldnt find it. i stopped short of pulling the HVAC controls out. i guess i know what im doing tonight.

btw i dont hear **** clicking when i had it on.

Sorry, I was a little late. I was gonna say Mine was there on the column until I used some spare harnesses to put the F'er back on the stupid fuse block. It is two sided, one in the front for normal flashers, the one on the back for hazards. Why ford didn't do this.... beats me. But yeah, a little bracket located smack dab in front of the column on my 87.

yea i know... after smacking my head on my clutch pedal a few times i was pretty pissed off at that point. its not actually the easiest place to get to.