Where To Buy A9l

Jake11

Sep 24, 2015
Can someone please help me.find out where online I can buy an A9L ecm for my 92 mustang. There's no junk yards around me or anything like that. So it has to be online. I'm seeing prices from $99.00 to $350.00. On websites I've never heard of. I just want to make sure its from a reputable company and I don't spend too much money.

• Sponsors (?)

Well my car is at the shop. They told me my ecu is bad. It starts sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. It died in the middle of the road the other day and it would turn back over. It's not the starter I just replaced that. I couldn't figure it out and neither could they. Then they called me and said something must be wrong with it. Either a sauder cane off of something. But they called around and can't find one so they asked me to go online and order one. I made a different post about this and was told it could be my MAF and injector issue. But I'm taking the shops word for it and starting with the ecu and if replacing that doesn't work I'm gonna replace the MAF and injectors. It's complicated I know and bull:poo:.

And the parts store couldn't find one either. I've only tried one store. They seemed pretty confused and I was getting frustrated and told them to forget it. I could try others I guess but I thought ordering it myself online would be easier. Guess not lol

I don't know if they dumped codes. I would assume so. I'm tempted to call and ask them to unplug the MAF and run a closed loop and see if it runs better. But II would hope they tried that too. I don't want to call and tell them how to do their job, ya know? That's why I'm just taking their word for it when they say it's the ecu. But, it could save me a lot of time and be a lot less of a pain in the ass if its the MAF.

From what I am reading in your post it sounds like they are guessing. You said you couldn't figure it out an neither could they and then they said something must be wrong with the ECU? What is that based on? I would want to know for sure otherwise you will just be throwing parts at it which will cost you $. When it dies does it still turn over, or is it completely dead and does nothing at all when you turn the key?

Run the codes. A dead ecu will not function properly during the code reading. Code 11 says it is functional so that could help diagnose. I did have a dead ecu and found a reconditioned at oreilly. Only store that had them out of all the chain stores.

I don't know if they dumped codes. I would assume so. I'm tempted to call and ask them to unplug the MAF and run a closed loop and see if it runs better. But II would hope they tried that too. I don't want to call and tell them how to do their job, ya know? That's why I'm just taking their word for it when they say it's the ecu. But, it could save me a lot of time and be a lot less of a pain in the ass if its the MAF.
Ask them what codes it threw. It won't offend them and will tell you if it was the ecu

I'm tempted to call and ask them to unplug the MAF and run a closed loop and see if it runs better.

Good luck with that. If you say this to him and he doesn't bat an eyelash then you need another mechanic. Your EEC has 3 basic modes. Open Loop, Closed Loop, and Limp Mode.

Open loop is what occurs before a predetermined time, temperature, and sensor response. This mode runs the car on input from from the mass air sensor and preset fuel tables.

Closed loop is what occurs after a predetermined time, temperature, and sensor response, is obtained. This is the normal mode of operation and also when the EEC's adaptive strategies begin to function.

Limp Mode occurs after a predetermined time, temperature, and lack of proper sensor response. This mode will get you off the road but damage is possible if the throttle is in any way abused. Power will be down significantly and it will be noticeable. Engines modified with power adders etc, should never run in this mode unless the EEC has been specifically tuned to do so.

From what I am reading in your post it sounds like they are guessing. You said you couldn't figure it out an neither could they and then they said something must be wrong with the ECU? What is that based on? I would want to know for sure otherwise you will just be throwing parts at it which will cost you $.

What he said is true. These are not complicated systems but they do require a little fuel injection know-how. Your current mechanic may possess these skills or we would be talking about your codes now.