Where To Buy Gears

Pearl02

Nov 27, 2004
Kansas City
Where did you guys buy your rear end gears at? Also, what's this disclaimer- "Not for sale or intended for computer controlled vehicles". I also noticed that the same gear may have 2 different part numbers. I'm looking for Ford Racing Gears. Any input is appreciated. Thanks Pearl02.

• Sponsors (?)

Pearl02 said:
Where did you guys buy your rear end gears at? Also, what's this disclaimer- "Not for sale or intended for computer controlled vehicles". I also noticed that the same gear may have 2 different part numbers. I'm looking for Ford Racing Gears. Any input is appreciated. Thanks Pearl02.
I got mine at gefracing.com for $139. It was a while ago though. Yes they were FRPP gears. Ford Racing Performance Parts. :nice: No whine at all 4.10's all the way. :banana:

M-4209-G373

M-4209-G410

Those are the part numbers for the most popular choice in FRPP gears. I think it obvious which part number is for what gear. The computer controlled vehicle is Fords way of saying you'll need a chip to correct your speedo on 99+ mustangs. You can get a 3.73 for $139 and 4.10 for $185, thats what they charge where I work. You shouldn't have to pay more than that.

www.suttonhp.com

1ba96gt said:
M-4209-G373

M-4209-G410

Those are the part numbers for the most popular choice in FRPP gears. I think it obvious which part number is for what gear. The computer controlled vehicle is Fords way of saying you'll need a chip to correct your speedo on 99+ mustangs. You can get a 3.73 for $139 and 4.10 for $185, thats what they charge where I work. You shouldn't have to pay more than that.

www.suttonhp.com
Appreciate the info about the computer recalibration. Are there any shipping charges for the gears? I'm also going to get one of the bearing kits. Thanks everyone. Pearl02.

Pearl02 said:
Appreciate the info about the computer recalibration. Are there any shipping charges for the gears? I'm also going to get one of the bearing kits. Thanks everyone. Pearl02.

Shipping is free. Do you know which bearing kit you want? There are three different levels of kits you can get. You can look on our site, go to driveline, and then ring and pinion and you'll see the kits listed. If you are going to be at the NMRA race in Kansas City this weekend we will be there as well. Let me know.

Thanks
Kyle

www.suttonhp.com

I purchased my 4.30 gears from Randy Stinchcomb. He is a Ford parts dealer and he is both a member here as well as at Modular Depot. You can contact him here, via PM or you can go to www.modulardepot.com and contact him in the Ford Parts section of their forums board. He's a great guy to deal with and I highly recommend him.

jrc_03_gt said:
I got mine at gefracing.com for $139. It was a while ago though. Yes they were FRPP gears. Ford Racing Performance Parts. :nice: No whine at all 4.10's all the way. :banana:
Same here, yet mine have been in the box for OVER a year and a half.

1ba96gt said:
Shipping is free. Do you know which bearing kit you want? There are three different levels of kits you can get. You can look on our site, go to driveline, and then ring and pinion and you'll see the kits listed. If you are going to be at the NMRA race in Kansas City this weekend we will be there as well. Let me know.

Thanks
Kyle

www.suttonhp.com
I would love to go but I can't. I'm working some really funky hours this weekend. What state are you guys located in? I've been to your website and I'm looking at the kit that includes bearings and races. It's the one for $89.00. Are you going to be in KC with your company? If things work out right, I could make it Sunday. Pearl02.

Pearl02 said:
I would love to go but I can't. I'm working some really funky hours this weekend. What state are you guys located in? I've been to your website and I'm looking at the kit that includes bearings and races. It's the one for $89.00. Are you going to be in KC with your company? If things work out right, I could make it Sunday. Pearl02.

I'm going with the shop. We decided at like noon today to go to Norwalk Ohio instead though. Its supposed to be 10 to 15 degrees cooler there and we are hoping to be the first 05 in the 9's with the 3V motor. Figured we go where the weather will be in our favor. Hopefully we pull it off, have added a good amount of power since the 10.1 @133 run. He are located just a half hour south of Chicago. If want you can call the shop on Friday and talk to Doug if want to order the stuff so its sent out before the weekend. I'm leaving at 1 am for the race so I won't be in. There is an (800) number on the webpage or the regualr nuber below.

Thanks
Kyle
www.suttonhp.com
708-720-8500

1ba96gt said:
I'm going with the shop. We decided at like noon today to go to Norwalk Ohio instead though. Its supposed to be 10 to 15 degrees cooler there and we are hoping to be the first 05 in the 9's with the 3V motor. Figured we go where the weather will be in our favor. Hopefully we pull it off, have added a good amount of power since the 10.1 @133 run. He are located just a half hour south of Chicago. If want you can call the shop on Friday and talk to Doug if want to order the stuff so its sent out before the weekend. I'm leaving at 1 am for the race so I won't be in. There is an (800) number on the webpage or the regualr nuber below.

Thanks
Kyle
www.suttonhp.com
708-720-8500
I hear you about the weather. It's starting to heat up here. I would love to see that 05 run. Thanks again for the info and good luck in Norwalk. Let us know how it went. Pearl02.