Engine Where To Buy Parts V6

Ed88

Aug 21, 2017
So normally I've always gotten my parts from rock auto when it come to not so common cars. But they seem to have left me astray this time lol was wondering where you guys go to get your 2.8l engine parts.
Eddie

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on what you're looking for. Anything for a Mustang II is going to be a bit of a challenge, and you'll often find incorrect listings and parts that require modification before they'll work. The v6 is arguably one of the easier ones to find parts for, as the same engine was used well into the 80's in Rangers, Bronco II's, the Aerostar, and others. Finding the right parts can be hit or miss though.

Is there anything specific I could help you find? I usually try Rock Auto too, but often find whatever I can find on eBay or elsewhere. I often have much more luck using the '84 Bronco II to look up parts, same engine for the most part.

Last edited:
I was just looking for advice for later. I got things figured out with the rock auto parts.
I wasn't sure if eBay would be viable to find good parts.
Eddie

I can also often find what I need for a very good price at a local AutoZone. I imagine these parts are considered 'obsolete' and they're happy to get them out of the warehouse. I paid ~$45 for a new starter (84 Bronco II listing) for example.

I buy all kinds of junk off of eBay. If I can get it from a 'top rated seller' all the better. If I can't (I had a much harder time finding stuff for my '69 Montego) then whoever has it wins. Just use PayPal, I've always had great luck with sellers with good reputations, a high enough feedback score, and if not, PayPal has my back and will refund if I open a case. Of course a good, new-old-stock Made-in-the-USA brand is better than Chinese crap if you can find it available.

Amazon also has a surprising amount of auto parts - I just picked up a distributor there for my '78 II for cheaper than the replacement vacuum advance unit would have cost.

If I still can't find it anywhere, car-part.com for junkyard listings is great, or then a Google search for any other sellers. Body parts and stuff I try here: http://www.dfortuna.com/ Summit has some engine parts and even a cam kit, JEGS does too.

The only thing I've ever had a hard time finding was a clutch kit. Luckily someone still makes one for the v6, unfortunately not for the v8. http://www.phoenixfriction.com