Where to buy performance steering box for 71 Mustangs

Can anybody point me in the right direction so that I can find somebody who can rebuild/blueprint my 71 Mustang steering box to high performance specs? I would rather rebuild than buy a new one, but I am willing to look at both options.

I put in the GW front end, Baer bump steer rods, ect. Now the only thing left with slop is the box.

• Sponsors (?)

Global West used to do high performance blueprinted steering boxes with corvette internals, they may still offer it but you'll have to call them as they don't show it on their website. AGR might also do something with them as well.

here is AGR's website, they don't show anything either but i'd contact them to see if they can help since the mustang boxes are really just GM Saginaw units internally.

http://www.agrperformance.com/index.html

There is a company/guy in SoCal that rebuilds the Saginaw boxes. I was referred to him by a guy who had his Saginaw rebuilt for a 71 Mustang he's using for road racing. I don't have the link at work but I'll post it when I get home tonight.

Thanks Robert, I would appreciate that. I have also heard of Lee Engineering, does nice Nascar stuff, anybody know about them?

Yeah Frank, Lee Engineering is one, here's a link to the 335 Site regarding Lee:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/119419/thread/1111964467/The+Truth+from+Longacre-+73+weight

And here's another link regarding Rodes Restoration in OH
http://www.network54.com/Forum/119419/thread/1111983951/OT+-+'71-'73+Stang+Power+Steering+Box
and here's their website:
www.rodesrestoration.com/

I couldn't find a website for Lee Engineering but I talked to the guy who had his done by Lee and he was more than satisfied.

Robert, good site and info, I had forgotten about it and it looks to have grown. Now I know what you do when you are not on here. :D

I was also doing my homework and after speaking with them, unbelievably to my surprise I found out the box on my 69 Camaro is also done by Lee Engineering, I had purchased it elsewhere secondhand.

Mind you, I had a R&P on ithe 69 before and took it off to mount the Lee box and reinstall the linkage. It is light years ahead of the RP I had. Here is a stock photo of it, very nice work.

I agree Bryan, Lee Engineering is the way to go.

Attachments

• LeeBoxMain.jpg
    LeeBoxMain.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 161
Robert, good site and info, I had forgotten about it and it looks to have grown. Now I know what you do when you are not on here. :D

I was also doing my homework and after speaking with them, unbelievably to my surprise I found out the box on my 69 Camaro is also done by Lee Engineering, I had purchased it elsewhere secondhand.

Mind you, I had a R&P on ithe 69 before and took it off to mount the Lee box and reinstall the linkage. It is light years ahead of the RP I had. Here is a stock photo of it, very nice work.

I agree Bryan, Lee Engineering is the way to go.

i wonder if they can do early model boxes too? what i'd really is to have an integral ps box like you are getting for the boss for my 69, i really hate the add on style power steering