Where to find Brembo rear brakes?

• Sponsors (?)

I went through this with the Brembo rep at Buttonwillow Raceway in Cali.

They are never gonna make one for our cars for two reasons.

First, the rear brakes see minimal use in our cars, and second the e-brake system is incorporated into our rear calipers meaning they would have to engineer their parts to work WELL with the factory systems.

I argued with them for quite some time about it. I have searched for a nice rear set of calipers, but everyone says the factory cobra rears are the best available at this point.

If you do find something other than the Baer kit, please let me know.

while i do agree the rears are not of extreme importance i do feel there is room for improvement.

the average rear disc setup provides close to 20% of stopping power(5% is less than a drum setup). if you have ever driven a car with good rear brakes it is easy to feel the difference.

this leads us to the point that we must improve the rear brakes on our own. i for one do not feel a parking brake is needed and can be substituted by a line lock. i also feel the lack of rear brakes on our cars is not so much a factor of size yet an issue of proportioning.

if you are really interested in upping the rear brakes then you will have to have a set of custom brackets made for your axle housing--this is done quite frequently on rock crawlers etc... an adjustable proportioning valve is required.

00 r model uses stock cobra rear brakes.