Where to order Motorcraft PCV?

Silvergto2

Jun 8, 2005
UTAH
I ordered a new PCV Valve from my local Ford dealership last weekend. I pulled the old one out and when I went to install the new one, I noticed the new PCV Valve didn't have the black 90 degree elbow on it. After trying for 30 mins to get the elbow off of the old one, I called Ford. They told me to get the elbow I have to buy the some additional parts which would run be 100bucks....:bs: . Does anyone know where I can order the Motorcraft PCV online that would have the elbow with it? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You could also just go to the Ford parts counter and pick one up. Its a cool place to go and you can get a Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog for $6 while you are there...

I got a motorcraft pcv last summer from randy and it had an elbow. However, it was a little different than the one I originally had(1999) as it had two outlets and a cap to cover one of them. Since I have the JLT intake the new elbow was too tall and hit the intake pipe. So, I pulled to old elbow off pretty easily and put that on the new pcv. I can't believe they don't come with an elbow now.

It was $12 at ford. To me it just seems like crap that Ford wants me to buy $100 dollars worth of parts to get a damn .05 cent plastic elbow. That's like trying to get a new valve stem cap for your tire and Ford saying..."you'll have to buy a new tire and rim to get it"

Silvergto2 said:
It was $12 at ford. To me it just seems like crap that Ford wants me to buy $100 dollars worth of parts to get a damn .05 cent plastic elbow. That's like trying to get a new valve stem cap for your tire and Ford saying..."you'll have to buy a new tire and rim to get it"

Hmmm, either my Ford people are going to rip me off, or they didnt sell you the whole thing. This is the email I got from Ford.

The PCV valve for the 2003 Mustang GT (4.6L SOHC) is an electric heated PCV. While we do not currently have the PCV valve in stock, one should arrive by 3pm this afternoon 3/1/6. The cost is $38.82 plus $1.94 tax for a total of $40.76. Should you have any questions please call us at 703-922-2240. Thank you for considering Sheehy Ford of Springfield.

I just havent had time to go over and pick it up, but if some people pay $12, and I am going to be paying $40, this better have the damn boot!!!

vertigasen said:
Hmmm, either my Ford people are going to rip me off, or they didnt sell you the whole thing. This is the email I got from Ford.

The PCV valve for the 2003 Mustang GT (4.6L SOHC) is an electric heated PCV. While we do not currently have the PCV valve in stock, one should arrive by 3pm this afternoon 3/1/6. The cost is $38.82 plus $1.94 tax for a total of $40.76. Should you have any questions please call us at 703-922-2240. Thank you for considering Sheehy Ford of Springfield.

I just havent had time to go over and pick it up, but if some people pay $12, and I am going to be paying $40, this better have the damn boot!!!
That's funny because about 5 mins ago, I got a call from the parts manager at my local ford dealership and said that though the PCV Valve itself DOES NOT come with the black elbow, I'f I ordered the valve and the hose that connected it to the plenum, it WOULD come with the black elbow. They are only charging me $19.00.

I got one about a month ago that didn't come with one. The next day I called to get the boot and they have completely redesigned the setup. There is no longer a plastic boot, it goes to a rubber elbow. Now for the good part...the only way to get this elbow is to get the entire hard line from it to the IAC. It is formed slightly different and comes with protective foam around it to keep it from rubbing on all the other crap around it.

can someone please show a pic of the PCV vavle.. and where it connectes to?

I thought the PCV was the tube the connected to the air intake tube and to the vavle cover on the drivers side???? but then sopme say it connects to the plenum...wtf?