WHERE WILL LEBRON GO?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 38176

I haven't been this nervous in a long time. ONLY AN HOUR LEFT!

Im a HUGE Miami/Wade fan and hope he comes to the Heat (although I think we'll be just fine with just Wade and Bosh).

Lebron + Wade + Bosh? Goodbye rest of the NBA :nice:
 
That is messed up,I am from Cleveland...trader, he was like a hero for cleveland he made the Cavs he will never get the fan support like he did from cleveland any where else

I can understand the mindset of Cleveland fans losing the best sports figure that city has ever seen.....but in all honesty you have to be able to understand why Lebron made his decision. For 7 years, he put everything he had into that organization in order to win him a title and constantly fell short. Would you expect ANYONE to stay in Cleveland and, most likely, continue losing? Or would want to give yourself an opportunity to win?

Out of all this, I've lost any respect I had for Cleveland fans. Their selfishness really shined through.
 
I've always been a casual NBA fan. I would usually keep up with the playoffs and hardly ever watch the regular season (too long), but now I might watch a little more:nice:

So I guess its safe to say we will have a Lakers/Heat Finals next year:shrug:

What would be bad is if the Celtics beat the Heat next year in the playoffs...:leaving:
 
I've always been a casual NBA fan. I would usually keep up with the playoffs and hardly ever watch the regular season (too long), but now I might watch a little more:nice:

So I guess its safe to say we will have a Lakers/Heat Finals next year:shrug:

What would be bad is if the Celtics beat the Heat next year in the playoffs...:leaving:

that's exactly what will happen. The Celtics are due another championship. How many will that be? 25? 30?
 
I can't blame Dan Gilbert for being bent, but c'mon...did he really think LeBron was coming back to Cleveland after they got rid of Delonte West and their coach?

I still would of liked to see Lebron and Wade go to Chicago along the side of Jokim (sp?) Noah and Derrick Rose. That could of been a dynasty in the making, but who knows, they may have one in Miami :shrug:
 
I can understand the mindset of Cleveland fans losing the best sports figure that city has ever seen.....but in all honesty you have to be able to understand why Lebron made his decision. For 7 years, he put everything he had into that organization in order to win him a title and constantly fell short. Would you expect ANYONE to stay in Cleveland and, most likely, continue losing? Or would want to give yourself an opportunity to win?

Out of all this, I've lost any respect I had for Cleveland fans. Their selfishness really shined through.

But if he is "The King", why didn't he convince Wade and Bosh to come play with him in Cleveland? Instead, he was the bitch who sold out. He's the only guy who is a hometown guy with roots in the city he plays in. No one else has ties to the community like that. The whole Cleveland/Akron area has been kissing his ass since he was a sophomore in high school. Way to show the love.
 
Out of all this, I've lost any respect I had for Cleveland fans. Their selfishness really shined through.

I wouldn't say selfishness, Cleveland hasn't seen a championship since 1964, so yeah, we are a little bitter when our best chance that we had for one, packs up and leaves.....and does so on national tv, stabbing all he close friends in Cleve in the back. I mean come on, at least let you so called "home town" in on it. I think he knew for awhile now that is where is was going and completely understand why Gilbert lashed out like that. Cleveland bent over backwards for him for 7 years, 7. We even built a 30 million dollar rec center, just for him......brought in Mo, then shaq, and jaminson.....for him.....I honestly think he sucked it up in game 5 on purpose.
 
But if he is "The King", why didn't he convince Wade and Bosh to come play with him in Cleveland? Instead, he was the bitch who sold out. He's the only guy who is a hometown guy with roots in the city he plays in. No one else has ties to the community like that. The whole Cleveland/Akron area has been kissing his ass since he was a sophomore in high school. Way to show the love.

I would think that the underlying "point" of being a professional athlete is to compete on the highest level, not "being loyal to a community". I think Lebron gave the Cavalier organization to build a championship-caliber team before making his decision. He felt that they failed to do so and therefor went somewhere else.

I mean c'mon, the guy just wants to win and its obvious that it wasn't happening in Cleveland.
 
I have to ask... does anyone outside of Ohio feel the same way as you guys in Ohio? I mean, he really did diss you guys, but would he have ever won a title there? Probably not. Would you pass up a promotion/job opportunity if it meant moving out of your home state? That's basically what he did.
 
I have to ask... does anyone outside of Ohio feel the same way as you guys in Ohio?

If they are cavs fans I believe that most do. Most Cavs fans didn't even watch them until LeBron came. I admit, I didn't until about 5 years ago. I was always just football. But, he got me into watching the Cavs and I will continue to do so without him. Its gonna be fun to see how many fans were actual Cleveland Cavalier fans and not just LeBron fans. Im hoping that this will make everyone on the team step up there game more to prove a point to LeBron. Not only did he walk out on Cleve, but he was also close to alot of the guys on the team. It will be nice to see a Cleve/Miami eastern Conference game :nice:

but would he have ever won a title there? Probably not. Would you pass up a promotion/job opportunity if it meant moving out of your home state? That's basically what he did.

I think he could of. We came close the last two years, best record in the league last two years. Just was out coached both times I believe in the playoffs. Got rid of the coach Mike Brown and thought we would of had a real good chance now with Bryan Scott in there. We shall see what happens now.
 
I have to ask... does anyone outside of Ohio feel the same way as you guys in Ohio? I mean, he really did diss you guys, but would he have ever won a title there? Probably not. Would you pass up a promotion/job opportunity if it meant moving out of your home state? That's basically what he did.

Well, the Cavs did go to the Finals once and the Eastern Conference championship 2 other times, it's not like they were that far away. Hell, they had Boston down 2-1 in the Eastern Conference finals this year, then the wheels fell off and Lebron played more like a journeyman than a superstar for the last 3 games of that series. As to people outside of Ohio feeling the way we do, I wouldn't expect them too. Similar to how I didn't care about Brett Favre leaving the Vikings while Minnesota felt completely betrayed.
 
I have to ask... does anyone outside of Ohio feel the same way as you guys in Ohio? I mean, he really did diss you guys, but would he have ever won a title there? Probably not. Would you pass up a promotion/job opportunity if it meant moving out of your home state? That's basically what he did.

Now I will pull the disclaimer I AM a Lakers fan, but I'm not upset that the Heat is a stacked team. I have a bit of a rant I've been talking to my friends with.

I believe in loyalty like it was said earlier, and how I see it is that Bosh, Wade, and Lebron all colluded with one another to make sure they'd get somewhere. I'd LOVE for them to lose in the playoffs just to prove a point that 3 big players can't do anything.

It makes no sense that players are able to do this, whereas owners can't talk to a player until July 1st? Where is the opportunity for team loyalty? It's the main reason I hate free agency, and basketball is almost turning worse than baseball in regards to it.

I really wanted Lebron to stay a Cav so he could get his so called "hometown" team a ring, for that town, but he decided to bail, and I feel sorry for Cleveland.