Which cylinder heads is the best for 289 CID?

3.25's are fine, seeing as your rear gear now is likely 2.79's. If you do more city driving, 3.50's or 3.70's would be better.

Hello everyone,
I decided to change my stock heads with aluminium ones.
Now, my question is which is better?
AFR 165 or 185?
if you can suggest a right cam and pistons ( with summit codes pls) will be perfect for me.
Already ordered COMP Cams 19043-16 - COMP Cams Ultra Gold Aluminum Rocker Arms - Overview - SummitRacing.com this rocker arms.
i will drive my ride only in city. Tracffic lights to traffic lights drag is standart street race in Turkey. And wanna beat all GM's Richmond Gear 4901011 - Richmond Gear Ring and Pinion Sets - Overview - SummitRacing.com what do you think this part? Need to install limited slip dif?
Regards

I think the question for heads is "will I be happier with '____', or happiest with '______'.

I have stayed out of this thread mostly, as I understand you are in Turkey, and have very limited ability to get the full advantage of your performance gains! My free advice, is to look at the 185's, as the last major cost for the engine. If you have the money to spend, I'd look at a 5 speed, and steeper gears, I.E., 3.73 VS a 3.50 or 3.55. My 68 cougar has the Edelbrock cam, (.496/.520), similar to yours. I have the T5 transmission and 3.50 gears, with rebuilt not ported stock cast iron heads. I have a pair of Edelbrock heads to go on the engine, and I feel like I am very under geared with the 3.50's. I know for "quick on the street" rear end gears are the single best bang for the buck.
So, if you don't mind spending the money, and you want to be quick, a 3.73 or 3.89 gears, and the 5 speed transmission will get you where you want to be. I do not think you need to spend any more money on the motor. Also, there is a guy on ebay that is selling 8 and 9 inch limited slip differentials for 325.00 dollars, new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220712474878&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT