which DCControl fan controller should i use with my taurus fan? FK35 or FK60?

• Sponsors (?)

I purchased the FK-35 to control my Mark VIII fan. I think that our fans are the same... I am also in the process of gathering the stuff to do a 130A 3G swap. Since the stock alternators are pretty much maxed out from the factory, it's smarter to upgrage so you don't tax the charging system too much.

I just learned that summit sells a 4 guage wire kit for the 3G swap for less than $20.00 verses the kit that PA performance sells for around $50.00.

srothfuss said:
I purchased the FK-35 to control my Mark VIII fan. I think that our fans are the same... I am also in the process of gathering the stuff to do a 130A 3G swap. Since the stock alternators are pretty much maxed out from the factory, it's smarter to upgrage so you don't tax the charging system too much.

I just learned that summit sells a 4 guage wire kit for the 3G swap for less than $20.00 verses the kit that PA performance sells for around $50.00.
I agree.

To that I would add that I really like the FFI wiring kit.

Very nice stuff.
http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=67

Not sure what exactly comes with the Summit kit.

Actually summit discontinued their kit. I tried to order it today and they wouldn't let me. I'm trying to get an alternator off ebay with a portion of the fatory wire harness now (so the install looks decent)