Which exhaust system should I buy?

rfrye000

Feb 1, 2007
I'm looking at the BBK 1521 complete exhaust system from Summit for $399 and also the Walker 50500 complete system for around $250. Does anybody have any advice on either one of these. Currently I have a good sounding BBK off road H pipe and Flowmaster exhaust with no cats. I bought the car with this setup but to get tags I'll need an exhaust with cats because of emission testing. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I would say if you like the sound of what you have now, buy the 1521 H-pipe w/converters, install them for your emissions test and inspection, then re-install your off road H-pipe, if that is what you want. I did that when I lived in Denver Co. for emissons testing and inspection, and I am sure lots others do it that way also.

We don't have to worry about that here in Idaho "yet", but I'm sure we will in the near future.

Thanks, I was wondering which of these exhaust systems might be the best value. I really can't find any good reviews on either. I don't want to buy junk just because the price is lower. I was hoping someone had tried them out and had an opinion on them, good or bad. By the way, I have a 90 LX hatch with an all original 5.0 except the current exhaust system and a Moroso cold air intake.