which staples for replacing convertible top??

stackz

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2001
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
alright, we pulled the old top off my brother's 96 vert and this weekend we're going to put the new top on. We're having a tough time figuring out what length staples to use on the top vanes where you're supposed to staple it back in after looping it through the vane...as well as on the front.

All the ones we find look to be JUST a bit too long.

oh by the way, if you've ever felt that replacing a top on a 94-98 is impossible, then you're mistaken. Its actually really simple once you get it apart. Just takes patience, time, and steady thinking. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Where did you get the top from. my cousin ordered his from LMR and it came with staples.

if you are unsure try to bend an old one straight and compare it to some at the hardware store.

got it off ebay a few years ago when the ones at LMR were still astronomically priced. Just now putting it on because we've had other things going on in life and the car has just sat in a garage lol.

yeah, we've taken a few staples with us to the hardware store and I guess ours is just out of the shorter ones. Guess we'll just keep looking.

the staples that came with your brother's top, did they happen to come with a part # in case you needed to go buy some more??

got it off ebay a few years ago when the ones at LMR were still astronomically priced. Just now putting it on because we've had other things going on in life and the car has just sat in a garage lol.

yeah, we've taken a few staples with us to the hardware store and I guess ours is just out of the shorter ones. Guess we'll just keep looking.

the staples that came with your brother's top, did they happen to come with a part # in case you needed to go buy some more??

no it was just a little card board box with them in it.