Which subframe connectors?

• Sponsors (?)

Why is it when you say stuff like that people listen but when i do i get criticized for it, remember the summit control arm thing, everyone and their mother told me "no you;re wrong, they're fine" then a week later we heard of about 10 people whos arms snapped under mild power

stock control arm are stronger then any other tubular control arm...just look at the difference.

stock control arm are stronger then any other tubular control arm...just look at the difference.

Hahahaha i wouldnt go that far grasshopper, GOOD control arms from other manufacturers like, Griggs, Maximum Motorsports, Steeda, Team Z, and AJE are all stronger than the stock arms, imagine running the stock control arms with 600rwhp, they WILL twist under load, however the above mentioned brands wont even bat an eye

If you believe that to be true, you've been looking at the wrong aftermarket control arms!

how much did u guys pay to weld in ur subframes? just checking coz im picking up some mm full length's for my car.. just gotta know how much to set aside for it.. thx

I paid $200, bit that was for a complete weld-in install. I've heard that if you put them in place by bolting the cross bars to the seat bolts and prep the weld areas (clean/grind), then all the shop has to do is throw the weld on there, and they'll charge you much less.

That said, I actually had a hard time finding a place that would do it at all. Lots of body shops won't do aftermarket stuff.

I think i paid 150 to have myne welded in, you have to go to a shop with a drive on lift tho.

FWIW, i twisted my MM full lenghts, went to thru the floor subframes and i wish i did that from the start, i probly had about 300 bucks into the maximum subframes, and the thru the floor cost me 450 completly installed, you should call around to local chassis shops and see what they are charging for a set off thru the floors. They keep the car alot stiffer, and dont cause any clearance issues because they are flush with the floorpan

I think i paid 150 to have myne welded in, you have to go to a shop with a drive on lift tho.

FWIW, i twisted my MM full lenghts, went to thru the floor subframes and i wish i did that from the start, i probly had about 300 bucks into the maximum subframes, and the thru the floor cost me 450 completly installed, you should call around to local chassis shops and see what they are charging for a set off thru the floors. They keep the car alot stiffer, and dont cause any clearance issues because they are flush with the floorpan

that is my only complaint with the MM subframes, they are very tall and didnt alow use of my side exhaust, i think MM designs their subframes for use with their other parts so that why they are so rigid with a max grip box, but you can twist any under mounted subframe with enough power or grip

Everybody likes MM and they do make great/proven products, but I would be looking at something round like these from Global West mustang 79-98. I think Steeda also has round subs similar to these.

Having them installed properly is also probably more important than what kind you buy.