Which wax for a new vehicle?

FordStang

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2002
Orange Park, FL
Well picking up my 2011 Monday and I wanna keep up with putting a coat of wax on it every couple of weeks to protect it down here from the FL sun. Just wondering what you guys think I should use on a new vehicle? Regular wax? Brand? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Well picking up my 2011 Monday and I wanna keep up with putting a coat of wax on it every couple of weeks to protect it down here from the FL sun. Just wondering what you guys think I should use on a new vehicle? Regular wax? Brand? Thanks

What color is your new Stang ? How much do you want to spend on a good wax ? Natty's red or Blue is good, Meguires has some good wax's Pinnicle Sauveran is a good but pricey. ( can be ordered from Auto Geek. com )
HTH
Fred :flag:

My 2010 came through with nice clean paint (black)and I couldn't detect any contamination on the surface. You can check this by putting your hand in a plastic sandwich bag and lightly drag it across the paint. If it catches and doesn't move smoothly over a clean surface you should consider claying it first and then go over with a good paint cleaner/polish like 3M Imperial Hand glaze. Now you should have a very clean swirl free finish to protect. I was recently introduced to Turtle Wax Ice products. I've used many different and higher priced waxes over the past 40+ years and I am very impressed with the results using the Ice products. The clear liquid I used has to be the easiest and fastest way to protect the cars finish. You can use it on paints, plastics, and rubber without residue cleanup and you can get some good build out of it. It did one coat per the instructions and washed the car again 3 days later and put another application on. Since then I've used the Ice detailer after each wash and the detailer with carnauba in it twice. I've had my car for a year now as my daily driver and the finish is still holding up. I also use the Ice car wash. I always apply and remove the products with a quality microfiber towel. If there are any streaks I mist with clear water and dry and buff with a soft 100% cotton towel. I have no affiliation, just very satisfied with the results.

I was recently introduced to Turtle Wax Ice products.

Wayne you are THE MAN! for being brave enough to admit using Ice products. :rlaugh: just kidding tho. notice I didnt specify my polish and yes it is Ice. The reason is there is many things on the market and many ppl have their own beliefs as to what truely works better. I became a believer several years ago when Ice came out. If applied correctly it holds up real `well in this florida heat,sun and rain. :) :)

My friend used ice on my sb 03 it lasted a long time. I have also used collonite waxes you can layer those. The collonite insulator wax is pretty easy to put on but you need to buff it out a lot and takes a while to dry. Take a look w the 845 layered.
03bonneville3.jpg