White Exhaust Smoke?

Over the past year or so of owning my '96 V6, while stopped at stop lights, I've been noticing some white smoke coming out of my exhaust periodically.

Also, my water pump went bad, and started leaking coolant slowly, and I was coming on to the conclusion that I was leaking coolant into the oil, but I checked my oil for any signs, and I never saw any...

I replaced my water pump and everything has been fantastic since, but a few days ago I saw the mysterious white smoke while I was on my way home at a street light, and when I got home, I jumped behind the car, and nothing ever happened after that...

Do you guys know if it could be condensation or anything else besides my coolant leaking into my oil? Everything seems ok with it, so I don't know what the heck is going on...

Also, it took a little while to dissipate. It hung around for a bit longer than when it normally would when it's really cold out.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If you are getting smoke out the tail pipe that is white and you think your head gaskets are blowm then your car should be shaking and shuttering and have lost an incredibile amount of power.

one thing's for sure. There's only two culprits to the white smoke....coolant and trans fluid. If you're driving an automatic, your trainy fluid is somehow
getting into your combustion chamber. If not, then the coolant is involved;
thru a water cooled intake manifold, a seeping head gasket, anywhere that
it could get into the combustion chamber, cause in order for it to come out
as white smoke out of the exhaust, it has be burned.