White Rims Black Car?

moneypit94

May 23, 2003
Macomb, IL
Again i bought something off ebay because it was too cheap to resist... I have been looking for wider rims for the rear end. Even thought about having my mach1's widened.. After finding out the cost it was deffenetly more logical to just buy a new set..

Anyways i have been putting in bids for some 10.5" wheels lately... Well i saw a set of White Cobra R's that were 17X9 and 17X10.5. They were at 300 dollars so i put a bid in for 350 not really taking it seriously... Needless to say i won the auction for 330.

How will these wheels look on my BLACK stang? I need to get the car painted also... So i was thinking maybe white racing stripes to go along with the wheels?

Also what tires should i buy... How noticable would it be to have to different types of tires on the front and rear?

Or should i just try and sell these... My original plan is to sell my slicks and mach1's and run a good set of drag radials. Actually i really want a set of 10.5" 03's to put on...

• Sponsors (?)

would not look good

a gunmetal rim withe a machined or polished lip would look "muy bueno"

9 and 10.5 bullits.....639 for a set and they are about to start making them in black too if you wanna go that route

Yeh, I don't think it'd look good. The term "skunk" comes to mind thinking of a balck car with white racing strips. For the geal you just got on them, pay someone to powdercoat them silver or something. Good buy though! That kind of makes me sick to think I'm about to buy wheels that cost more than that EACH.

I must not have very good taste... I think with white racing stripes and these wheels that it would look pretty cool... No flaming please im just stating my opinion...

white rims.JPG

moneypit94 said:
lol... Hey they have cars that look like bees out there... So whats wrong with a skunk... I don't know... We will see... Again i would rether get some 03's...

Thanks for all of your oppinions...

bumble bee cars look clean as hell:)

but yeah some 03s 9s and 10.5s would look clean as well

doesn't look to bad to me, but you could go the whole clear route too if u didn't want to skunk it with stripes. get some clear heads, fogs, rears, and reflectors, that might blend the wheels better.

personally since u got such a good deal on them to begin with, i would powder coat them, or have them chromed.

at one time i was going to get some black Cobra R's from voodooperformance.com
But i ended up gettng the mach1's for almost half the price... I do agree black on black would be sick... I am just not sure who can do a good job of powerder coating where i live...