Who's Got The Best Eclipse View?

All I got so far through some shade 14 welders goggkes. As much as we are gonna get up here in MA

Yeah I know...NASA has waaaay better pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The sky cleared here (KC Area) just enough to see the start of the eclipse, but clouded up just in time to hide the totality. I caught just a glimpse of it.

The street lights here just went back off.

Up here in WA state we have a 90% eclipse and I watched it with my son through my auto darkening welding helmet which got sketchy right about the time of max eclipse. I had the helmet set to the most sensitive setting and it would flicker in and out while looking at the sun it just wasn't bright enough at that point. That's OK though, we had already looked at it long enough and it was pretty cool.

Reactions: 2 users
I was watching the weather channel during most of it and would take a peak periodically with my welding hood.

The weather channel was entertaining, a couple of the sites with the longest duration (and their most self important weather people) had a cloud float over just as it went total. Thought one guy was going to throw a fit for a minute.

Didn't have any glasses and did not have my welding helmet with me. I found the clouds that rolled through at the end make a great filter. We were only about 80% here.
Sure was glad CNN was wrong and the sun came back out after the eclipse

Reactions: 1 user