Who's Got The Best Eclipse View?

• Sponsors (?)

All I got so far through some shade 14 welders goggkes. As much as we are gonna get up here in MA

IMG_2811.jpg

Yeah I know...NASA has waaaay better pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The sky cleared here (KC Area) just enough to see the start of the eclipse, but clouded up just in time to hide the totality. I caught just a glimpse of it.

The street lights here just went back off.

Up here in WA state we have a 90% eclipse and I watched it with my son through my auto darkening welding helmet which got sketchy right about the time of max eclipse. I had the helmet set to the most sensitive setting and it would flicker in and out while looking at the sun :eek: it just wasn't bright enough at that point. That's OK though, we had already looked at it long enough and it was pretty cool.

Reactions: 2 users
I was watching the weather channel during most of it and would take a peak periodically with my welding hood.

The weather channel was entertaining, a couple of the sites with the longest duration (and their most self important weather people) had a cloud float over just as it went total. Thought one guy was going to throw a fit for a minute.

Didn't have any glasses and did not have my welding helmet with me. I found the clouds that rolled through at the end make a great filter. We were only about 80% here.
Sure was glad CNN was wrong and the sun came back out after the eclipse:confused:
20170821_145122.jpg

Reactions: 1 user