why are open headers bad for our cars

• Sponsors (?)

Backpressure on the exhaust provides vacuum on the other cylinders, making your engine more efficient.
wouldn;t back preasure in the exhaust be a postive preasure not a vacum? i could see how a vacume in the exhaust could benefit. the high preasure from combustion would move to the area of lower preasure(exhuast if there was a vacum), but i dont see how you would get a vacum?

wouldn;t back preasure in the exhaust be a postive preasure not a vacum? i could see how a vacume in the exhaust could benefit. the high preasure from combustion would move to the area of lower preasure(exhuast if there was a vacum), but i dont see how you would get a vacum?

When the next cylinder's exhaust valve opens, the vacuum in the system pulls the exhaust out of the cylinder. This is what the term "Scavenging" means.

backpressure creates a vacuum....and wha tI have heard about open headers allow heat to travel back into the ports which can ruin the valves...now whether or not that is true, I don't know....but it's better than chancing it.