Why are some upper pullies $60 and some are $125, what is the difference?

I was just researching pricing on several things for my new Cobra and noticed the price on the pulley was very different depending on which company you order from. Is there some kind of difference in the way they are made or something that I am not aware of? Thanks for the help guys.

• Sponsors (?)

The cheaper pullies are "piggyback" style pullies. They "piggyback" off your stock pullies. The expensive ones are a replacement all together.

The more expensive ones are said to make more power.

CSG99GT said:
I was just researching pricing on several things for my new Cobra and noticed the price on the pulley was very different depending on which company you order from. Is there some kind of difference in the way they are made or something that I am not aware of? Thanks for the help guys.

What type of pulleys are we talking about here? Under drive pullies or supercharger pulleys???

U.M.

I'm sorry Uncle Meat, I forgot to mention that I was asking about the upper supercharger pulley. Thanks for your help. Also would you happen to know where I could get some of the black stick on letters for the rear bumper. I ordered a set and they are too small. Gene Evans Ford said that the 04 bumper must have bigger letters that spell out COBRA than the 03 did. Now I cant find them anywhere. Thanks!

CSG99GT said:
I'm sorry Uncle Meat, I forgot to mention that I was asking about the upper supercharger pulley. Thanks for your help. Also would you happen to know where I could get some of the black stick on letters for the rear bumper. I ordered a set and they are too small. Gene Evans Ford said that the 04 bumper must have bigger letters that spell out COBRA than the 03 did. Now I cant find them anywhere. Thanks!

Okay... the reason some of the upper SC pulleys are more $$ than others is due to design and materials. You can go purchase a stock steel press on 2.93 Ford Lightning pulley from the local Ford parts dept for less than $80. Some of the aftermarket pulleys are designed for use with a "DUB" system (Dial-UR-Boost). You press on a center section and then there are 3 or more different sized outer pulley rings that mount to the center hub with allen bolts. This makes swapping from say a 3.10 to a 2.80 about a 5 minute job. Some pulleys are grooved and are "no-slip" some are anodized and some are billet. The definately are a lot of choices out there!

As for the '04 Cobra letters on the rear bumper cover being bigger than the '03 letters... you need to tell the guys at Evans Ford to put down the crack pipe! They are the same size! I have a brand new set of black UPR vinyl rear bumper letters I'll sell ya if you want 'em. I paid $25 for them new... PM me and make an offer...

U.M.

http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=356

2003_Cobra_STKR_LRG.gif