Why Ask If You Don't Want?

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
I frequent another site, let's call it "borral.net" for the sake of discussion. I frequent the classified section because as a lot of you know, I buy stuff I don't need. Well, sometimes I also like to sell some of that stuff I don't need. Here is what frustrates the crap out of me. Someone will be looking for (as an example) an injector harness for a 93. Well, I have one (4 actually) so I send instant message and also reply to the ad within two hours of the ad saying "I have one, will sell cheap, let me know" aaaaand.........nothing. Day passes, week passes, still nothing. Guy looking for an AOD shifter. Says "I really need this to complete my build". hey man, I have 3, take your choice, here are pictures, will sell cheap.....aaaaand....nothing, same drill...day, week, month, and in the meantime three other people also reply that they also have one. No reply. So, why post looking for that item that you MUST HAVE only to totally ignore the people who have it? If you found it somewhere else, no problem, but at least have the courtesy to tell me.......

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

If it wasn't for the whole island halfway around the world thing, I'd be pm'ing you about one of those aod shifters, but the shipping :puke: maybe that's part of it for you at least anyway. Really though people are just inconsiderate douchebags so....

I know what your talking about, had it happen to me as well.
Maybe what happens is these people put a want ad on every forum, ask on Facebook, tell everyone they know that there looking for part xyz, then basically don't have the courtesy to update thread..idk.
Another thing I find mind boggling on those classifieds is people will post a want ad for something
and there will be 3 other threads on the same page selling what their looking for..I think most people
are just lazy.

Reactions: 3 users
I would have to go with it's a location thing. I've sold a ton of stuff over on "borral.net" and typically it's through a pm not a post in an add. Have you ever sold anything decent on there? If you do you'll get a bunch of pm's and will eventually sell to one of those guys because the people posting in the add typically disappear once you respond to them.

I have sold lots of stuff on there. I don't have trouble selling the stuff I post because I actually answer the people. I'm talking about the people looking for stuff, you answer them and get absolutely no response. It has nothing to do with location because I don't say "hey I'm in Hawaii man, and I have your part". The other thing that kills me is the people selling small stuff and they say "lower 48 only". Flat rate USPS is the EXACT SAME RATE to Mililani Hawaii as it is to Portland Maine. That's why it's called a "flat rate box".

I get the same thing on local boards so I wouldn't sweat it. Someone on the MA foxbody FB page says "I need a flywheel". I reply back, "I have one for free and live in the next town" and then crickets.

Then a week later "I still need a flywheel"

Reactions: 1 users
Speaking of borral, anyone notice that traffic there is very light compared to years ago, but for some reason they have a lot of tech guys there that really know their stuff. I can think of 3-4 professional shops that tend to post a lot in their 5.0/5.8 tech section as well. Why does that site live on? The mobile site function blows as well

Primarily, I'm amazed at how F'ed up they act towards each other. A tremendous amount of negativity, there. I think it's really gone down-hill since Chris Ihara sold it.

Speaking of borral, anyone notice that traffic there is very light compared to years ago, but for some reason they have a lot of tech guys there that really know their stuff. I can think of 3-4 professional shops that tend to post a lot in their 5.0/5.8 tech section as well. Why does that site live on? The mobile site function blows as well

Mike, its been discussed there many times . Once Chris sold the site to some Canadian company that owns about 100 sites, people left several years ago. There are/were several guys there that really are experts on these cars ( not discounting the experts here of course) .Ed Curtis, Buddy Rawls, Woody, Jack Hidley, Mike Plummer, Mark Oneal formerly from CHP, UPR ,, and of course JR :rlaugh:

They are like a lot of fox body sites- guys got older, moved on with life, FarceBook and the younger generation not into message boards, yada yada yada... A few sites I moderated folded as the traffic dried up.

Thankfully Stangnet keeps a rocking strong ....:SN:

Reactions: 2 users
I've gotten into some facebook fox groups, and post links back here all the time. Not sure if it's having any effect, though. There's so many valuable resources that just don't get archived, stickied, etc... I like facebook some, but people are not as kind. You can't tell who's knowledgeable, and you can't search them as effectively.

Post one incorrect fact on FB, and people will actually dig into your profile, look through your stuff and then personalize their insult to you. It's terrible.

I bite my tongue on correcting people on there for incorrect info because none of the younger guys seem to be able to take someone telling them they are wrong.

Reactions: 2 users