Why so many ''used'' 2011?

futstang

Jun 23, 2010
The 2011 has been around for what, less than a full year, but already i see like 29 gt's 5.0 within a 50km area...I'm kinda surprised, what's up with that? Do they mean problems or have they all been sold by owners who wanted something new after only 1yr of ownership?

Prices are sure interesting compared to brand new ones...

• Sponsors (?)

not around here, very seldom see one used, been looking for almost a year now for one to pop up, when you do they want new price for it, still gonna hang out for a bit more, with the gas stuff goinn on you might see more.

Yeah, I've kept my eye open for them. I don't think they are any more prevalent in my area than any other new car. I'm can't wait for the '12s to hit dealers. I estimate that there will probably be 33%-99% more used '11s because of trade-ups to '12s. Ford has no idea what they've done with the addition of the universal garage door opener. It's a game changer.

Ford has no idea what they've done with the addition of the universal garage door opener. It's a game changer.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not. I doubt that this would be enough to get somebody to upgrade from a 2011 model. If they really wanted the universal garage door opener then they can get a new visor from Ford accessories for about $400. One of the dealers I went to was willing to toss it in for free in order to close the deal on a 2011. I almost pulled the trigger but ended up getting a used one and saving thousands of dollars. I had to compromise on the color and electronics package but I did end up with a glass roof which I wouldn't have picked but it is pretty nice.

The EPAS and Sync Applink would be the features that might make someone upgrade to the newer model as you can't get them on the 2011 model. (who knows if Applink will ever come to the 2011 model)

Nawh, I wasn't serious but it wasn't sarcasm either. I was just being silly. I'm glad that now when I go shopping that choosing an '11 or '12 will not be a tough decision. Had I been shopping last year it would have been tough to choose between a '10 or '11 based on cost vs. coyote.

I thought about it and possibly most of them could be coming from leasing companies like Enterprise, etc...all the gt's i'm talking about are automatics with pretty much the same options(19'', standard leather package, no hid's or glassroof, some convertibles). If this is the case, probably not the best mustangs to buy since they're not the best treated cars...