wide band guage/radio noise

blksn955.o

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
st.louis mo 314
I am getting some noise over the radio from the wideband. I am thinking it is the guage as when the readout changes the pitch/noise changes. It is not the end of the world but it does get :mad: after a while.

I am thinking of making a shield for the wideband but not sure if I need to all the wires, just the gauge wire, or if there is something else I can do?

• Sponsors (?)

I remember in the instructions for my wideband it said to make sure to have a good ground that is not used by the radio or you'll possibly have noise.
I don't remember where I ended up attaching the ground but the radio is free of noise.

PS. I have the SummitRacing/Innovate wideband sensor and gauge kit.

Your WB ground should be to the same ground as the EMS. I would also suggest that you run a dedicated ground wire (10-12 ga) from the battery to that grounding point behind the passenger side kick panel.

Your WB ground should be to the same ground as the EMS. I would also suggest that you run a dedicated ground wire (10-12 ga) from the battery to that grounding point behind the passenger side kick panel.

EMS stands for Engine Management System right? That is the same as the EEC, Electronic Engine Control then. My WB ground is at the same ground as that system. The green bolt in the pass. side kick panel.