Wideband Air/fuel Gauge, Quick Tuning Question

Hey guys, just got a quick question. I soon will be getting a Quarterhorse chip for my A9P. I have an AEM wideband air/fuel gauge installed already. I heard that its good to use the wideband gauge to help with the tune, by connecting it to the EGR circuit. I don't have the chip yet, but i was thinking of getting ready. So to use the gauge in data logging, i need to run a wire from the gauge to the computer right? Is only 1 wire needed? 2? 3? I was planning on running the wire so i am ready. Is this all correct? I wont hook the wire(s) up yet, i just wanna get it ran if i even need to do it. Or if there is a better way of using my wideband for the data logging, please let me know. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Which version of the AEM do you have?

--and--

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say, "connecting it to the EGR circuit".

Are you talking about the RPM converter by chance?

not actually sure which version i have. will have to take a look. i bought it new about 1 year ago. if that helps at all.

And i am not sure about the EGR hookup either. I just heard people hook their wide band to the egr circuit, so they can log it.

I can't think of a good reason why I would want to monitor the EGR. Maybe they're using the EGR input to the EEC to monitor lambda readings from the wideband in order to data log with the quarterhorse. :shrug:

Its not to monitor the EGR, Its just to use the EGR signal to the computer, then i guess the wideband gets data logged.

I know you need to disable the EGR with the chip first tho.
Yes egr needs turned off to use it to data log. I had my 88 set up like that. If you can't get an answer on this site do a search on eectuning.org, yes I believe it is 1 wire from the gauge to the computer. I forget which pin is the egr on the computer though

I bought a book by Greg banish that helps to clear some things up about tuning. It can be very confusing that's why I had someone else do my tune, until I have time to figure out the ins and outs of it.