Wideband Recommendations

69Rcode_Mach1

Apr 20, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
Hey guys I need to iron out some bugs on the cars tune, and want to get all the driveability issues smoothed out before I start some serious dyno tuning. I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations on a wideband air/fuel ratio analyzer or gauge? I need a kit so I can drill the collector and weld a bung in place.

• Sponsors (?)

The LM-2 was the one I was looking at. I was planning on going with the basic kit, since the car is just carbureted. Also don't think I would benefit from dual o2 sensors because I can't really tune individual cylinders. I was planning on welding the sensor right at the collector on my x-pipe where it meets the header. Thoughts?

The LM-2 was the one I was looking at. I was planning on going with the basic kit, since the car is just carbureted. Also don't think I would benefit from dual o2 sensors because I can't really tune individual cylinders. I was planning on welding the sensor right at the collector on my x-pipe where it meets the header. Thoughts?

Hi,
Yes, one O2 sensor is fine for most road going rides. So, place it in the collector. The closer upstream, the better sampling quality. Happy trails!

I have the PLX wideband kit. The gauge that comes with the kit is a multi-function gauge. You can purchase additional modules for tuning and use just one gauge to monitor, vacuum/boost, fuel pressure, all temperature sensors. You can, also, data log to your laptop or iPad. I'm hoping they release an RPM module, as that with a fuel pressure monitor and the wideband o2 sensor will be the most useful to tune a carb.

I tuned my Holley DP in about 4 hours with this system.

Tim

AEM has the best buck for the money and is fully funcional. Yet if you want to datalog you need lm2.
You don't want to place the o2 sensor too close to the headers (too much heat)

I have the PLX wideband kit. The gauge that comes with the kit is a multi-function gauge. You can purchase additional modules for tuning and use just one gauge to monitor, vacuum/boost, fuel pressure, all temperature sensors. You can, also, data log to your laptop or iPad. I'm hoping they release an RPM module, as that with a fuel pressure monitor and the wideband o2 sensor will be the most useful to tune a carb.

I tuned my Holley DP in about 4 hours with this system.

Tim
+1 on the PLX

Me and my brother are both using the AEM wideband. thing works great. and was within .1 of the dyno wideband at Racers Edge Tuning. Also does have a plug in for data loging if you want to go that route.