Wierd Clapping/Clacking noise.

rudeone707

May 17, 2003
Fairfield, Ca
Alright so the other day me and a friend were engaging in a contest of speed and i missed a shift and hit the rev limiter. Then after that i heard this really wierd noise like a clapping/crackling noise in the engine so i pulled in a parking lot and popped the hood to see if i could hear or smell anything and i couldnt. I revved up the engine a couple times to see if it happened again and it didnt. Every once in awile ill hear it but only above 3800 RPMs. I was thinking that it could be a loose RR but wouldnt that make a noise all the time? I cant notice a difference in power at all, and i dont know what it could be.

• Sponsors (?)

hard to believe he hurt something like the valve. they have rev limiters for a reason. you weren't down shifting and manually forced the engine above and beyond the rev limiter did you. b/c then maybe something like that. but not if it hit the limiter and stopped.

No i didnt down shift. I was shifting from 2nd to 3rd and missed then bounced off the rev limiter.

I really didnt want to take the VCs off but i guess i have to. You dont think that noice could be a cat going out do you? Someone told me that this weekend.