wierd clunking/squeaking noise after new suspension installed?

The noise is coming from the rear passenger side.. I have no idea what it is.. It does it when I take off and when the car decelerate suddenly (letting off the gas pedal completely while applying gas). The noise sounded like when you put the car into gear.. just kinda clunk and squeak..

Could it be the LCA? shocks? or maybe exhaust pipe hitting the frame? Any ideas? I'll look into it tomorrow..

• Sponsors (?)

Push/pump down several times on the rear end to get it to rebound (like you do when testing shocks) and try to isolate the sound. (Or have a friend do it while you listen near the rear wheels) Were the LCAs tightened with the rearend on the ground or off? Sounds like the bushings are binding.

Lostcause said:
I had the same problem on my 98 GT. It ended up being the upper and lower control arms. Every so often you have to tighten them up. Everytime I did this the noise went away. I find that I need to tighten them up about every 2 months. Hope this helps you out.

hmm never thought of that.. I had some difficulty/no-nos with the upper control arms while I was doing the suspension.. guess I'll give that a shot..

CottonBurnerz said:
The noise is coming from the rear passenger side.. I have no idea what it is.. It does it when I take off and when the car decelerate suddenly (letting off the gas pedal completely while applying gas). The noise sounded like when you put the car into gear.. just kinda clunk and squeak..

Could it be the LCA? shocks? or maybe exhaust pipe hitting the frame? Any ideas? I'll look into it tomorrow..

Tighten both rear control arms. That should fix it. Had the same thing happen to me. :bang: