Wierd Humming noise from Pass. Side front tire Area..???

FiveOhhStang

Jan 27, 2003
Sanger, Cali.
I get this wierd humming noise from the FRONT PASSENGER SIDE TIRES AREA...its loudest around 45MPH, and is worrying me. What could it be? Please help me...Im wanting my car to be safe, and not have something break while i drive on the highway..etc. THANKS! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

wheel bearing ey? I regreased them, but my dad said they got really hot at one time by the color of the grease..??? Anyhoo...now I smell something bad comming from the front, help asap, I drive alot, and im smelling lightly burning.

Have you had your tires changed recently? might need an alignment. When I did my rack and pinion I had the tires toed in too much so when I got up to a certain speed I would get a howl/humming noise and they would smell. If the bearings got hot then you shouldnt have put them back in, they are prolly toast and got worse really fast.

It is probably a wheel bearing. Obviously you recently had it apart. Did you reset the preload properly? If it's too tight, that makes it all the worse. Go spend eight bucks on a new bearing, grease it up and install it properly and the noise will be gone.