Will a 96-03 t5 tranny work in a 87-93 5.0???

• Sponsors (?)

What the hell are you guys talking about? There is no way a 96-newer T-45 is going to bolt into an 87-93. They are totally different transmissions, the bellhousing won't even bolt up to a 302.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
i mite beable to get a good deal on a 96-03 (t45), but need help im getting mixxed results some say yes others no....
my turbo coupe t5 just blew up took it out put a 4cyl mustang tranny that i got for free and that things crap grinds 1-2-3-and 4th probley got a week, in her if i dont floor it :rolleyes: :rlaugh: :bang: , im proud to say that my 4cyl turbo coupe tranny held up too over 2 years of hard shifting :hail2: :nice: , alot of people thought i was stupid for putting it in, hay for $25 bucks at a pull it yourself yard was well worth it :nice: , but it did go at a bad time , im broke :bang: , help fellow stangers :flag:

but there is a solution.....a tranny out of a 99 v-6. it will bolt right up. one pf my friends has one in his 5.0 and it works just fine. they are tremecs, he bought it at a junkyard here that sells nothing but mustang parts for 450. and i know it is a tremec bc i saw it on the casing myself

You guys are thinking of the 94+ T-5s. They will work but have a longer input shaft which in turn needs a longer bellhousing. The shaft is longer to move the shifter back to accomodate the interior trim. The t-45's will not work due to different bell pattern and integral bellhousing to tranny.

Tremec bought borg warner before 98. But, they didnt change them at all, just has their name on it now.

You can have a T45 bolt up to 302, but it is really not worth the time nor the money to do it. There is a guy is Texas that does it.

To the op. You can rebuild your trans.5speeds.com has kits. Paul the owner has a video on utube( Eric the car guy) Paul has over 30 years of rebuilding trannys.I have bought his kit and tore a core t5 down and put it back just watching his video a couple times.

It's 'their ' not there,
just help'n CMA out a little. He has been a little busy looking for something to fix/change or redo on the monster. You know, that car-munchausen thing.
Hey, I'm happy he got "then/than" correct. I don't see how people swap those two and read the sentence correctly....although lately we seem to have a rash of new posters that don't believe in putting a period in "there" entire post. Happy Labor day! :jester:

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user