will a pi intake fit on a 96 gt without pi heads??

n.j.gt

Jan 26, 2004
:nice: i was told you can put pi intake on a none pi motor with some sort of adapter plate :shrug: . is this true. guy told me this place sells them for about 300.00 bucks. he also said its good for another 35-40 horses.what do i need to complete this from start to finish. if anyone knows about this it would be great. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Yes...it will fit...there are 2 major types of swaps.

The first popular swap PI heads and the PI intake on an nPI 96 – 98 Mustang resulting in an approximate gain of 45 RWHP, but with an increase in the compression ratio to approximately 10.5-1 making these PI head swapped engines supercharger unfriendly.

Another common swap that involves less labor at significantly less cost is the PI cam and intake swap. The swap provides a gain of approximately 30 - 35 RWHP while maintaining the stock compression ratio. Because used PI cams and used PI intakes can usually be purchased for approximately $100 each, this mod is proving to be one of the best dollar for horsepower mods available for the nPI equipped Mustang.

I suggest getting the heads if you have the money. It is great for poweradders ect to have these new heads.

BAFMustangGT said:
Yes...it will fit...there are 2 major types of swaps.

The first popular swap PI heads and the PI intake on an nPI 96 – 98 Mustang resulting in an approximate gain of 45 RWHP, but with an increase in the compression ratio to approximately 10.5-1 making these PI head swapped engines supercharger unfriendly.

Another common swap that involves less labor at significantly less cost is the PI cam and intake swap. The swap provides a gain of approximately 30 - 35 RWHP while maintaining the stock compression ratio. Because used PI cams and used PI intakes can usually be purchased for approximately $100 each, this mod is proving to be one of the best dollar for horsepower mods available for the nPI equipped Mustang.

I suggest getting the heads if you have the money. It is great for poweradders ect to have these new heads.
can i just do the intake. what is involved, what do i need. what kind of hp increase would that be. thanks

here is a thread that tells you everything you need.
http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19879

here is the thread on how to do it. the only speciallty tool you need is a tourque wrench.
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=452312

I did this and got an intake lack because i didn't let the RTV cure long enough, it IS important to let it cure about 5-8 hours before starting the car, and 12-24 hours before getting on it hard.

it's a very easy swap. I have fuel issues (my regulator is bad) and i went to the local track friday and ran .18 with + 1 mph faster than ever with intake and cams, and besides fuel issues It was 85* and about 90% humidity!!!!!! the air was horrable!

oh yeah, my bolt on 98GT runs 13's now :D