Approved by who?
Their mommies?
Testing? Testing?
Hell we have had it here for years as standard gas
They can add 10 percent around here and not even say
At 15 percent they have to disclose it has ethanol
Although I can get racing gas right out of a pump
Utah has the crappiest normal everyday gas in America
Testing as in run in the state vehicles and being torn down to compare engine and other wear, also with oil analysis. The results will not change your mind, but there was less wear and cleaner oil throughout the university studies I have read.
But I try not to park a vehicle with E-anything for the winter and never use it in small engines.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I have seen up to 4. unleaded, diesel, NON ethanol and now the 15% ethanol....
There is one type of gas nozzle, the covers are different colors for different fuels, non-ethanol, ethanol, race grade ect.
There are three types of diesel fuel nozzles, standard size for cars and light duty trucks and a larger high flow for OTR trucks, then the one most often used for filling agriculture or 'off road' fuel tanks.

There is one type of gas nozzle, the covers are different colors for different fuels, non-ethanol, ethanol, race grade ect.
There are three types of diesel fuel nozzles, standard size for cars and light duty trucks and a larger high flow for OTR trucks, then the one most often used for filling agriculture or 'off road' fuel tanks.
That must be for a blending pump. I read that with the hose, you need to get 4+ gallons to get the right mix. :-(
Here, the E-10 and E-0 are on one nozzle, the higher mixes E-15, 30 and 85 are in the other nozzle, and diesel blends are at a separate pump.
No wonder my kids wanted me to come along when the filled after the new pumps were installed. It was not just for my card.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
That must be for a blending pump. I read that with the hose, you need to get 4+ gallons to get the right mix. :-(
Here, the E-10 and E-0 are on one nozzle, the higher mixes E-15, 30 and 85 are in the other nozzle, and diesel blends are at a separate pump.
No wonder my kids wanted me to come along when the filled after the new pumps were installed. It was not just for my card.
it was the card believe me!

We only get octane choices. 87, 89 and 91. Some brands have 93 or 94 as well. I think all of them are an e10.

So that is 3 or 4 gas choices (all from the same nozzle) plus some pumps have diesel too - second nozzle.

I had a WaWa and a racetrack move in close to me.... They are the ones with the different ( not different sized) nozzles for each blend.....
I can see if for Diesel and NON ethanol would NOT be NON if it shared a hose/nozzle with unleaded........
I have been using the non ethanol in my small engines and I have not noticed any difference......

I had a WaWa and a racetrack move in close to me.... They are the ones with the different ( not different sized) nozzles for each blend.....
I can see if for Diesel and NON ethanol would NOT be NON if it shared a hose/nozzle with unleaded........
I have been using the non ethanol in my small engines and I have not noticed any difference......
Do you have enough of a winter to not use the mower? If so, drain the tank and run it dry if there might be mixed fuel. I use Stabil in all the fuel for the big mower and it starts right up.

Yes I am from effing hot as hell Utah, 107 yesterday
They call it oxygenated fuel around here
Have for years
Started in Utah county back in the day (the eighties )when the EPA said Utah county had an ozone problem
Here in Weber county they say we have a HC problem (what we have is HAFB jets dumping fuel before landing if there is a problem)
I have seen them dump fuel hundreds of times
There has to be a better way

• Surprised
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Do you have enough of a winter to not use the mower? If so, drain the tank and run it dry if there might be mixed fuel. I use Stabil in all the fuel for the big mower and it starts right up.
The growing slows down but I still mow a few times.. Almost an acre so the gas does not sit too long.....