• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Will my clutch last a while?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MrGame
  • Start date Start date Apr 15, 2007

MrGame

Member
Nov 8, 2006
52
0
7
Apr 15, 2007
#1
  • Apr 15, 2007
  • #1
I've got my 02 Gt with the mods listed in my sig., and before I buy anything else I was thinking maybe I should buy a clutch just in case mine goes out. It's got 64000 miles on it and i don't think it was beaten on (until i got it, and even then just the occasional clutch drop or 2nd gear chirp, haven't been to the track yet) should i buy a clutch before I buy some wheels? or do the stockers last a pretty long time
 

Bolt on 5.0

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2002
302
0
17
Suffolk, NY
Apr 15, 2007
#2
  • Apr 15, 2007
  • #2
Depends on how you drive. I raced my 99 around, beat on it now and then but mostly took care of it. my clutch went at 55k I think. I would not buy one untill its gone though. I mean a new one installed is gonna cost under $1,000.
 
T

thomas91169

I'd donkey punch my sister.
Aug 19, 2005
0
0
0
Modesto, CA
Apr 15, 2007
#3
  • Apr 15, 2007
  • #3
i dont know if mine was replaced before i got the car (at 75K) but at 91K the clutch still holds perfect and i abuse the **** out of it.
 

MrGame

Member
Nov 8, 2006
52
0
7
Apr 15, 2007
#4
  • Apr 15, 2007
  • #4
i was just going to buy an aftermarket clutch (the part) to hold onto for when mine goes bad, what's a good one for our cars? i'm staying NA for a long time
 
0

01Steeda

New Member
May 29, 2005
732
0
0
Baton Rouge, LA
Apr 15, 2007
#5
  • Apr 15, 2007
  • #5
I have had both Spec and centerforce.

the Spec Stage 2 feels the best out of those to me. with an aftermarket clutch you will most probably need a firewall adjuster and a quadrant.

I would get the steeda firewall adjuster and quadrant and a spec stage II if it were me.
 

MrGame

Member
Nov 8, 2006
52
0
7
Apr 15, 2007
#6
  • Apr 15, 2007
  • #6
01Steeda said:
I have had both Spec and centerforce.

the Spec Stage 2 feels the best out of those to me. with an aftermarket clutch you will most probably need a firewall adjuster and a quadrant.

I would get the steeda firewall adjuster and quadrant and a spec stage II if it were me.
Click to expand...

how much did you pay to get yours installed?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Which fan clutch ?
  • AnthonyA1234
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
19
Views
439
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 19, 2026
Mustang5L5
P
Is it normal for all of this to go wrong or did I get played when I bought this ONLY A MONTH AGO.
  • ponygal02
  • Nov 14, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
321
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Nov 14, 2025
Noobz347
S
Drivetrain Downshifting from 3rd to 2nd issue
  • Scott_S
  • Apr 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
955
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 14, 2026
Mindseye007
S
Car shakes when taking off help???
  • STANKYstangs
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
434
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
LILCBRA
R
Drivetrain Clutch
  • Robman8028
  • Jun 29, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
319
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 2, 2025
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?