Will OBD 2 tester work for a 95 5.0?

• Sponsors (?)

Igofaster13 said:
I just rented a OBD 2 tester for a friend and i am wondering if it will scan the codes on a 95 mustang gt and where is the location to test it?. Or a 88 mustang 5.0? Thanks
The 95 just uses the inexpensive code scanner like you can buy at any parts store and the test port is located on the passenger side fenderwell back near the firewall. You should see the connector, it is marked test. I have no idea on the 88.

Dave

GreenMustangGt said:
correct. Autozone can test the codes for you with the beeper, or they sell one for $30. I bought one today.

I had one of those...couldn't stand it (probably because mine was defective). If I were buying one again, I'd spend another 15$ and get an LCD display one

paper clip and sit in the drivers seat and count flashes :)

Or be ambitous(sp) like me and hook the OBD2 connector up so you can do the exact same thing with the paper clip and not had to get out and pop the hood.

SorsCode said:
paper clip and sit in the drivers seat and count flashes :)

Or be ambitous(sp) like me and hook the OBD2 connector up so you can do the exact same thing with the paper clip and not had to get out and pop the hood.

Are you saying that you can hook the "dummy" connector up on our cars .... and use it?