Will stock wheel studs work fine with 15x8" 5.5" bs rim?

• Sponsors (?)

I run the same setup as you and stock studs will work but you neeed to get different size lugs. If you plan on drag racing at a legal track according to nhra the studs need to come at least quarter of an inch passed the lug so you'll have tap the stockers out and put some longer aftermark ones in. I have to do this on my car soon.

I ran those exact wheels and that size tire on my convertible for 2 years on the stock wheel studs. Then I upgraded them to be NHRA legal about 3 years ago because I got questioned about it at the local dragstrip.

As long as you have the right shanked lug nuts and washers you'll be fine.

EDIT: I think 1.3" shank is correct.

tjm73 said:
I ran those exact wheels and that size tire on my convertible for 2 years on the stock wheel studs. Then I upgraded them to be NHRA legal about 3 years ago because I got questioned about it at the local dragstrip.

As long as you have the right shanked lug nuts and washers you'll be fine.

EDIT: I think 1.3" shank is correct.

Got any pics of your car with the 275/50s?

Ok I put the pics in My Garage. So you can see them there. I actually have 3/16" spacers to move them out a tiny bit. They rubbed sometimes (not a lot but enough to annoye me) and the spacers eliminated that by 99%. So no spacers will tuck them in very slightly.

I have Draglites with stock studs all around on my 79, and they work fine. The nut is different, but it bolts right on. I have not measured the thread engagement, and I have the closed end nuts, but I think it may be ok anyway.

I did get open end nuts for the Convo Pros on the 82 though.

I put the big stud in because I don't want them to break when I'm at the track and mess up my fender.
554398_120_full.jpg

554398_133_full.jpg

554398_50_full.jpg