Wilwood e-brake/parking brake setup?

Igofaster13

Mar 9, 2006
San Diego
So I picked up this 8.8 axle, has 31 spline superior axles, wilwood disk brakes, and 4.10 gears and not sure about the posi/diff yet... From a 86 mustang I think but not sure on that. Anyways I am trying to figure out the parking brake set-up. It has nothing as far as e-brakes as I can see. Wilwood sells some ebrake kits, anybody know the right one? I can't seem to find the right fit yet??

• Sponsors (?)

aren't most of e brake setup s for the wilwoods like a little drum brake that sits inside the rotor hat? I thought they were all sold as a kit and don't think you can convert a non e brake kit to an e brake kit with out buying the whole thing. could be wrong

Yea I know, I thought I put the pics in but here they are... The rear end turns up to have ford 3.55's and a Detroit truetrac locker... Cant find many part numbers...

DSCN5617.jpg

DSCN5618.jpg

aren't most of e brake setup s for the wilwoods like a little drum brake that sits inside the rotor hat? I thought they were all sold as a kit and don't think you can convert a non e brake kit to an e brake kit with out buying the whole thing. could be wrong

I think that's the case. He'd would need to buy the entire drum assembly and use that as the calipers are not e-brake friendly

It looks like the rear has 8.8 ends still and c clip eliminators..

Give Wilwood a call their tech is good, never seen a spot caliper but I would assume it can mount anywhere with a custom bracket.

How badly do you want to run these brakes? 4 piston rear calipers on a fox is overkill really. What are your intentions with the car?

I'm thinking you might be able to sell the wilwood kit, pick up sn95 cobra rear brakes and have a factory-style parking brake, and still plenty of rear disk brake to perform well. Might be cheaper in the long run....and you might save $$$ too

I would like to run this setup, but its not the end of the world if not, and I think I can deal with no e-brake. My brakes are stock, and the rims are stock pony's so this is my time to figure all this out. Got the rear end cheap... $350.. And its low mileage/low runs. I would assume I need a new brake booster with this rear end and sn-95 brakes up front? Intentions are mainly hard street/around town & strip. What am I getting into here?

Well, you def will need to upgrade the front brakes and do the necessary mc/booster mods with either setup. Ideally you want a nice front setup with equal performance otherwise you run a huge mismatch on brake bias

Well, you def will need to upgrade the front brakes and do the necessary mc/booster mods with either setup. Ideally you want a nice front setup with equal performance otherwise you run a huge mismatch on brake bias

:nice:

Im going to do some digging on that spot caliper, I am putting my car back on the street and my rear Wilwoods do not have the E-brake either but do have vented rotors, the front is a pure drag set-up. I guess if I have brake issues Ill just pull the chute:D:rlaugh: