Window Replacement

Well, my `88 Stang was broke into last weekend. :mad: Of course they busted out my drivers side window. So I got a replacement window from the junkyard, but I have no idea how to install it. I've got the door panel off and took of the track thingy off that was attached to the window. Now my problem is that I don't know how to put the new window in. The track "thingy" attached to the new window is the problem. Am I somehow supposed to take it off? It seems to be permanently attached.

Thanks for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

hope this helps

I too was victim of a break-in a few years ago. I was amazed at how much glass I got out of the inside of the door. The glass is attached to the framework by some sort of rivits. You have to drill these out. When you put the new wondow in, you replace the rivits with 1/4 inch bolts with lock nuts. I am not sure the length but it is listed in one of the service books (Chilton etc..). There are four little plastic washers the you run the bolts through that protect the glass from the metal. I hope this helps you get it together.