window tint on dot matrix......

ok mustang crew, i just got limo tint all the way around. does anybody know how to get rid of that horrible look when u tint the upper part of the rear windshield??? the tint does not stick to the dot matrix very well, so the result is a milky white area where the dot matrix lays. does anybody else have this problem?? i was thinking about getting a black vinyl strip to go on the outside of the windshield to cover it. does any body know where i can get one of those vinyls for cheap, or should i just visit a graphix shop to have it custom made??? thanks guys!!! :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

when i had mine done, the guy said there is no easy way to make it not look like ass. He just stopped the tint before the dots... doesnt look bad from the outside... little goofy from the inside but not bad.

I may try to find some of that niteshade stuff and go over that area.

when i had my old mustang done, '99 v6, they had to retint the brow twice, but they got it perfect. It never looked nasty, never peeled or anything. It just takes a good tint shop with some time on their hands to work with it. Same with my back glass, it had to be redone 3 times, but they finally got it to work perfectly and i never had anohter problem with the dot matrix junk.

i guess the place i took my car was pretty good then. they tinted over it and it looks good.

putting the vinyl strip inside sounds like a good idea, it'll give the tint something smooth to stick to :shrug:

good tint places sand it down with sand paper then put the tint on and while its still wet they inject it with black dye of some sort. they did that on my rear window and it looks almost factory. im going to get them to do my pillar windows the same way when i get time. i have 20% all the way around. and the tints been on there since 2003

783991_25_full.jpg

Superhereaux said:
i guess the place i took my car was pretty good then. they tinted over it and it looks good.

putting the vinyl strip inside sounds like a good idea, it'll give the tint something smooth to stick to :shrug:

You don't tint over the vinyl.