Windows Rolls Up Too Far: Hits A Pillar

dubbsix

Oct 18, 2006
Katy,TX
As many of you know by now (lots of new posts for help), I have bought a 94GT and im trying to fix all the little naggy issues with it. One thing I noticed a day ago is that if i roll up the drivers side window it rolls up the window too far and the window actually comes in contact with the A pillar.

Never seen that before, but im guessing that the arm/lifter must have come out of a fox or some ford with a higher roof line or something.

Anyone else run into something like this?

• Sponsors (?)

This is a common problem with the SN95 unfortunately. There's a bracket epoxied to the bottom of the window glass which is supposed to stop you against the adjustable window stops bolted to the door. The adhesive didn't hold well. You'll find the bracket down inside of your door, and you can feel around for where it's supposed to go (it's glued directly to the window glass). Removal of the interior door panel is required, possibly your speaker depending on which side the bracket is on. Gorilla glue has held mine extremely solid for the last 4 years. A relatively cheap and easy fix, and you might kill two birds with one stone if your fix-it list contains "that annoying rattle in the door."

This is a common problem with the SN95 unfortunately. There's a bracket epoxied to the bottom of the window glass which is supposed to stop you against the adjustable window stops bolted to the door. The adhesive didn't hold well. You'll find the bracket down inside of your door, and you can feel around for where it's supposed to go (it's glued directly to the window glass). Removal of the interior door panel is required, possibly your speaker depending on which side the bracket is on. Gorilla glue has held mine extremely solid for the last 4 years. A relatively cheap and easy fix, and you might kill two birds with one stone if your fix-it list contains "that annoying rattle in the door."
Is this similar to a Fox set up, mine wants to keep going, but in the groove.

I don't think the Fox setup is the same -- this was a problem (glued-on brackets) on the 94 and up. You might have a more conventional adjustment to do on the window stops (or something else but I'd start there -- I don't have a Fox so I don't know how those are adjusted, you might try to post on the Fox forum).