Wining noise coming from speakers, need help!

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Well i bought a 94gt and for some reason when you first start it up and drive it there is a wining/whistling noise coming from the speakers. There is no head-unit so it cant have anything to do with the radio. It is very odd, after a minute or so it goes away, or if i press the cruise control 'on' and 'off' button at the same time the horn honks and the wining noise goes away....thats another thing, why would pressing hte on and off cruise buttons cause the horn to honk?

I realize this is some sort of electrical problem, the owner before me said he thought it was a bad ground of some sort...

Anyone have any ideas?

THANKS! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

does it have an aftermarket alarm?

mine does the cruise control horn too. never really cared enough to diagnosis it, so if you do figure it out, i'd like to know.

May not have head unit it probably has the amps still powered up. You coul just unplug all the power connectors on the amps. One behind the main unit inside the dash, and could have 2 in the trunk under the rear speaker deck if it came with Mach 460 system. Bad grounds cause the whine or your capacitor near the coil is not hooked up or working.

The horn and CC share a 3 wire circuit at the wheel. Cruise uses power and ground (each button uses stepped resistance so the CC brain knows what button you depressed). I would guess the horn and CC wiring are somehow intermingled. Or the ground is simply missing in this circuit.

The horn works when it is grounded. The + is constant to the horn assembly under the fender well on drivers side. The purple wire in the connector under the dash which also has the key detection wire (easy to spot) is the one for the horn. When purple is grounded the horn goes off. The black wire is the ground. The horn has spade connectors which have one going to the black and the other purple. Does not matter if you place wither one on the top or the bottom because it is just a completed circuit when you press down on the spring loaded contacts. You may have a bad clock spring or just a wire mess as well.