WINSHIELD WIPER MOTOR?? DOES THIS SOUND RIGHT? WHAT DOES YOURS SOUND LIKE?

biglg

Mar 13, 2006
I have an 89 Mustang gt convertible. I have had the car 2 months. The wiper motor seems to be extremely loud. It is like it is on your lap. SHould I be hearing it this clearly? Or is it about shot? What does yours sound like? I just dont want to be driving one day, and the motor craps out. SO if this is a sign it is about gone, please let me know. It still works, but I dont have anything to compare it to. It seems kind or slow, but maybe that is normal. But it is dam loud. Let me know if your is loud too?

• Sponsors (?)

I guess yours isnt loud, you dont hear it in the car?

Secondly, the linkage, LOL. Rookie here. What am i looking for on the linkage, and where is it. Sorry I am trying to learn, please bear with me!

You might hear it inside the car, but I am sure yours is comming to your attention so it's probally excessivly loud. The linkage is what connects the wiper motor to the wiper arms, under the cowl (grill behind the hood and before the windshield. It's an easy motor to replace compared to most cars. The only thing that might be difficult is getting it syncronised.

It may also be something as simple as the lack of isolators between it and the firewall. Maybe whoever had the car last replaced the thing but didn't put the grommets back in? :shrug: