Wiper motor doesn't work??

• Sponsors (?)

Thats for your underhood light, If it went slowly like it sounds its most likely the motor.
You can probably pick one up from a pick n pull for pretty cheap. im sure ford used the same one in all their cars around the same age.

Me personally i like to play the odds on what will last longer, not what is replaceable by warranty.
It's pretty rare for a factory wiper motor to stop working, but it's not rare that parts from autozone stop working.
I've had the same 3 vehicles since as long as i can remember, each and every chain store part i've purchased over the years has failed in far less miles than the factory parts have.
I'm a firm believer in using only real ford parts, i know they cost more, but they last longer, IMO it's more about not having to do it twice than it is about the warranty.

I despise Auto Zone. Cheap parts, cheap tools... even the splices and switches they carry are crap. I have one 3 blocks from my house, and I take the drive several miles to Advance when I need something for my Stang.