Wire Tuck

dropteeth

Apr 25, 2022
Ottawa
Hi looking for a sticky or full tutorial thread -- i have done a tonne of searching and keep hearing "ALMOST STOCK" has the ultimate thread on this bud havent had any luck finding anything active.... can anyone post a link if they have one?

TIA!

• Sponsors (?)

Check out foxcast media on YT. His wire tuck videos are decent, and helped me do the driver side. Not a hard job, but this is one of those jobs that takes as long as it takes, so have some patience and don't plan on doing anything with the car till it's done.

I second FOXCAST media wire tuck. You gotta go way back a few years to find them though. They are what I used to hide my wires.

I would recommend not doing it if you have wiring issues and other quirks. Sucks having to troubleshoot wiring when you need to go into each wheel well. I would only recommend if your wiring is sound.

The drivers side tuck is pretty self explanatory. There's only one hole behind the strut tower that the wires will pass through. Nothing has to be cut. I recommend using a grommet to protect the wires from the metal. There are some pictures in my Dusty build thread. I have a bunch of stuff added to my wiring so it's not like just tucking factory wires. Foxcast media videos helped me too. Along with someone here that was doing the same thing.

you may or may not need to enlarge the hole in the driver side shock tower to fit the connections/wires through and possibly extend some of the wiring on the driver side. Def the wires off the brake switch, the coil, I did so it routed better and was not stressing out the wires. It's a tight fit but you will need to feed the connectors in one at a time through the holes. it also makes it much easier to take the wiring out of the factory look and tape it up using quality 3M tape. Make sure the wiring is up and out of the way from the tires and suspension. I used a waterproof junction block on the upper frame rail to connect all the positive and all the negative wires together. I then took one 4 gauge wire from each block to ground to the frame and the positive to the starter solenoid.

Forgot which years but the front headlight harness that wraps around the front is one piece and you either need to cut and re route and rewire that... for the passenger side. that is pretty easy and just plug and play. I didn't hide the starter solenoid but may relocate it inside the fender well as well. I also hid the MSD box inside the driver side fenderwell.

You can also tuck the harness and brake lines below the pinch well on the cowl panel, as well as tuck or relocate the vacuum tree and MAP sensor out of sight to clean up the cowl.

Foxcast Media, House of Dula,, NeoMustangs all have videos on how to do it . Take pictures, video, etc and label the wires if you need to. Take your time as it will take a few hours.

Attachments

• apr 30 a.jpg
    apr 30 a.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 38
  • apr 30 1.jpg
    apr 30 1.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users