Wiring a trunk mounted battery

wyteelx

Founding Member
Apr 17, 2000
Ohio
i found a good place to ground it. but whats the best route for the + cable? can i go through the car or do i have to run it under? been trying to find a good path underneath but i cant seem to find a spot thats not by something, suspension, exhaust ... also its been apart for so long i want to make sure i get all the other wiring right for the starter and relay. cant read wiring diagrams well, any one take a good pic for my memory? please. benn busy building for almost 3 years now almost done. help! - j -

• Sponsors (?)

Mine is routed under the car along the sub frame connectors and into the driver wheel side wheel well through the inside fender to the solenoid.

Same here, I ran the cable under the rear seat and drilled a hole on the rear, drivers, floor board just on the inside of the subframe connector, ran it along the inside of the connector, up the inner fender, to the solenoid.

I did it to clean up the engine bay. I am about to wire up my fan to work on two speeds, one for cooling one for AC. With the need for a 3 relay holder, and getting my MSD in a better spot, I moved my battery. Plus the weight transfer is an added bonus.

decided to go inside most of the way then pop it out under driver side. any one got a pic or detailed instructions for the other part of my q (starter relay and starter wiring)? have a good idea but would like to make sure. almost there! i will probably need more wiring help soon. thats really my weak point. fused, fused and switched, constant... like i said i have a good idea but i will need guided through im sure! thanks again - j -

bump. come on guys i've got some serious memory loss going on. got the cable ran now i need to get juice, also where is a good place to get power for gauges? i want the gauge lights to come on with the parking lights(volt & water temp). the other gauge (A/F) needs a fused and switched power source? any suggestions? i heard it would it be better to wire it for its own o2 sensor, true? :shrug: thanks alot - j -

when i had my A/F guage, i drilled a hole and welded a bung for the gauge's o2 sensor.

get ahold of a wiring diagram and figure out witch wire coming out of the light switch you can tap into to get you the power you need when the park lights are on. IIRC, its a white/black striped wire is the one your looking for. dont quote me its been 3 years since i did that.

i got my power for my gauges from the fuse box. so all my fuses were right there not scattered across the car.

Mine is run under the car and alone the frame rail and sub frames. I also have a big fuse on mine incase of anything. 3G alternator, Optima battery and Msd componets also. I never have any charging problems.:D

100_3687.jpg