Wonders Of The Beauty I Picked Up

5pointoooo

Feb 24, 2016
I recently got a 89lx notchback factory 5.0

the car runs great,but has its issues(gas and temp gauges don't work) besides that, around 3500 rpm it cuts out and wont go past 3500. I pulled the koeo codes, and 23, and 66 came up. koer 23 came up.
I attempted to adjust the tps, it was reading like .2,.3 closed throttle, and got it to 1.0 1.1 volts. But that didnt seem to help. I havent checked the codes after adjusting the tps

thank you guys

Attachments

• image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Sponsors (?)

Just wanted to give an update on the thread. I was periodically checking the codes. I would typicall get 61, 66, 91,41. And the get valve one... 33? Turns out that my gas tank is rusted due to the sitting the car had been through. The fuel filter was clogged and rust mud came out. At first I just got as much crud out as possible and attempted to drive to the parts store to get the new filter. But, that didn't work well so I came back to the house and took the old filter off again and more mud rust came out. So I replaced it and added some cleaner. This will probably be a temporary fix to the enevitible gas tank repair or replace. But car no longer stalls on its face at 3500 . And I fixed the temp gauge by installing a new sender unit.