Woo-hoo! "New" daily driver!

reddy351

Jun 13, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

1992 Cherokee 4x4 4.0 H.O. etc. $750. It needs a little bit of work/clean-up. Mechanicals are excellent. Has 168k miles. Brand new exhaust, shocks and good tires. I'm putting a drivers door on it. The window motor doesn't work, there is a dent in it and the hinge is messed up. The replacement door was $35.

Now maybe I can get some of the pile of parts I have for the 'Stang where they belong. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors(?)

final5-0

Mustang Master
Apr 6, 2003
DFW Texas
Visit site
Thats great Rob :nice:

When you take your Stang from dd to weekend toy ...........

All kinds of possibilities can then open up for you ;)

Good Luck with the Jeep :)

Grady

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Grady, I don't think I've ever agreed with you so much as I do right now

Daily drivers set limitations on the amount of work you can do to'em....my car is now torn apart because I know that I don't require it at any set time

Good luck with that vehicle man, but check the floors, I've heard alot about those cherokee's having horrible problems with holes in the floor

blksn955.o

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
st.louis mo 314
Visit site
I love those things, the I6 is great in them and from what I remember the 4 door is better than the 2 door something about the bigger doors and the same hinge as the smaller 4 door.

I have always wanted one...hope to someday and put a 3in spring lift on with some 33's.

Is it a Manual or Auto?

:nice:

trav_19

Oct 29, 2006
Jackson, MI
congrats on the new dd im trying to find a cheap beater to for the winter so i can put my silverado down save me insurance since im layed off lol.

reddy351

Jun 13, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks for the support!!!

I've been under it, before I paid for it. It looks like it's never seen Ohio roads in the winter.
The hinges suck. They are welded (welded!?) onto the A and B pillars. We'll have to re-weld the drivers door hinge.
It's an auto. I wish it was a manual.

My daughter is 14, this month. I plan to drive it for a couple of years and give it to her, if she keeps her grades up. For that reason, I hope I don't get to keep it.

1994Vib.RedGT

Aug 19, 2004
North Carolina State University
ive got a 96 cherokee with the 4.0, and man, I love it, the engine is bulletproof, its got 196k miles on runs strong as ****; only have had to replace a water pump and neutral safety switch. Ive never had any problems with holes in the floor or anything. I will say, that thing will take some damn abuse too.I could go places in the stock cherokee that my friend could not in his durango, and i beat it in a drag race with the jeep. :D

Blackened302

Jul 21, 2005
South TX
www.cardomain.com
the XJ's are great. had an 2-dr '88 4.0L I6 4x4 and it did me well the entire time i had it. only thing i had to replace was the alternator. it was a great dd... sold it to buy stuff for the stang--wish i hadn't.

ProKiller

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
PA
Visit site
i got a 99 cherokee with 164k on it now. drive 500 miles a week just going to work, thing is strong as the day i bought it with 137k on it. :nice: only thing i've had problems with has been wires sheering. for some reason, my o2 sensor wires, starter wires got cut, no idea how. i do need to put a left front axle u-joint and wheel bearing in though...